Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cats (2019 film)

I just got out of the theater and this absolutely broke me.

giphy.gif

Now that it's truly descended into the Film Hell of Fame.....I can see this becoming some kind of Cult favorite in ten years or so. Like many of the 1950's horror Classic films....sooooo bad that a segment of the populace ends up loving the movie....So, I'm guessing it may end up as a House in HHN's 40th or 50th Anniversary. ;)

Now that it's truly descended into the Film Hell of Fame.....I can see this becoming some kind of Cult favorite in ten years or so. Like many of the 1950's horror Classic films....sooooo bad that a segment of the populace ends up loving the movie....So, I'm guessing it may end up as a House in HHN's 40th or 50th Anniversary. ;)

LOL I don't need to see the movie to know it's already scary enough to be a house at next years HHN.

Seeing the show was horrific enough the first time around.

Agreed though, it's bound to get cult status.

universal should bring Cats as a show to replace rocky horror as the new cult classic lolololol

universal should bring Cats as a show to replace rocky horror as the new cult classic lolololol
That's the same I was thinking:idea: in the back of my mind. :lol:...but I love Rocky Horror......but not Cats....though it might work better as a 30 minute show. It does have one really great song. ...so yeah, 30 minute show, though they'll have to tear F&F down...but that's not a bad thing. :)

Big fan of musical theatre. People in the theatre circle know Cats is a weird and vapid musical that is mainly spectacle with a beautiful score. The plot is very simple yet seems more complicated due to Eliot’s made up language(like Jellicle). I think most theatre goers walk in thinking the play to be like some kind of Pixar movie about cats and I imagine this to be the same with the movie. After seeing the reviews I was extremely excited to see the movie because of how passionate and comedic they were. I love “bad” movies. After watching I was disappointed because I found the movie enjoyable when promised something bad. I feel like it improved on the musical by adding dialogue between the Cats helping explain its simple plot. Having Victoria as a main character to help explain the world of the cats is a nice touch as well. Yes the visuals are weird and creepy anyone can see that and I honestly can’t defend that. If you’re familiar with the musical or a fan of musicals in general you will probably be more forgiving of the film. If you are not familiar with it be more cautious, it is not “The Secret Life of ‘Cats’” as many would hope. If you go in with an open mind and just enjoy the spectacle and the music and take everything at face value you may enjoy it.

I think in an odd way it’s nice that people have something harmless(or at least not directly harmful) that everyone can rant on regardless of age, politics, gender etc. Just don’t take the reviews to serious, see it as hyperbole and people bonding and having fun over what is certainly a weird film.

It's still a movie about a bunch of cats singing songs about their life at a ceremony/orgy(maybe?) and then one of them goes to space as a ritual sacrifice. Perfect to make your eyes and ear bleed

Reading the earlier posts, I was going to say this has all the makings of being a cult classic.

It kind of weirdly reminds me of Rocky Horror Picture Show in its weirdness.
Rocky Horror has a 7.4 on imdb. Cats has a 2.8. I think it would be more in the watch it to make fun of it as in mystery science theater than a cult classic.