Celestial Park (Epic Universe) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Celestial Park (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In that case, Univeral probably just trademarked Stardust on the 1% chance the trademark dispute is upheld...

Seems like nothing more than a battle between lawyers performing the motions of due dilligence, irrespective of whether the dilligence is due.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Clive
I'd throw it out the window since this is a non-issue. This is how stupid the whole thing is...

Example: Whatever the first Hotel to exist with "hotel" in their official copyright name should demand no other "hotel" use the word.

Cedar Point's "MAGNUM" XL-200.... so what came first? Magnum the coaster? Magnum condoms? Magnum ice cream..

So ridiculous.

They could call it the Woopty Doo Racers and I wouldn't care but here are a few more options:

- Constellation Racers
- Meteor Racers
- Back To The Stars Racers
- Spaceport Beta Racers
- The Huge and Epic Racing Coasters That Goes Up And Down...Racers

The World Wildlife Fund successfully made the World Wrestling Federation change their name.

While I agree it's dumb, don't just assume Uni will win.
To add: I remember when this when it happened and the main cause was because the initials (WWF), not full name when written out.

The "Fund" has indicated that although the two organizations are very different, there is the likelihood of confusion in the market place by virtue of the fact that both organizations use the letters WWF.
Source: Correcting The Record On Why The WWF Changed Its Name To WWE

This is just scummy on so many levels. They didn’t come up with the term, and they are other groups who use starfall in their products and services like Starfall Ball.
If you don’t defend your trademarks they can lose their validity - doubt they actually care about the coaster specifically but their attorney told them they needed to do it.
A quick search led me to a game that is actually called Starfall Racers on their site: Racers

I think it's actually called "Average Racers" as it's a math game but point still stands. I can see where the confusion can come from easily if you're looking up "Starfall Racers."

I like Stardust Racers as an alternate and it's similar enough to retain the same concept. Shame though, I was liking the idea of a dueling coaster for kids as an introduction to the bigger ride.

If they try to change the name to Stardust, will David Bowie and Neil Gaiman each challenge it?
I’m more worried about about a different challenger when we’re so close to opening…
giphy.gif

To add: I remember when this when it happened and the main cause was because the initials (WWF), not full name when written out.

Source: Correcting The Record On Why The WWF Changed Its Name To WWE

A quick search led me to a game that is actually called Starfall Racers on their site: Racers

I think it's actually called "Average Racers" as it's a math game but point still stands. I can see where the confusion can come from easily if you're looking up "Starfall Racers."

I like Stardust Racers as an alternate and it's similar enough to retain the same concept. Shame though, I was liking the idea of a dueling coaster for kids as an introduction to the bigger ride.
It sounds like they lost in non-US courts and nothing to do with the US. So not sure that we can say Universal will lose because Wrestling lost.

Ugh. You can't read the entire article without signing up. *disgusted sigh*

Also, I find this lawsuit completely asinine. These people don't own the word "Starfall" & I'm sure there are a multitude of things that use it in their name. If their Colorado-based "brand" was called "Starfall Racers" that would be one thing, but it isn't.

I love that they're trying to say Universal Parks promote violent content that triggers aggression. Those minions are such violent instigators. Puss n Boots always threatening people to pray for mercy.

Ugh. You can't read the entire article without signing up. *disgusted sigh*

Also, I find this lawsuit completely asinine. These people don't own the word "Starfall" & I'm sure there are a multitude of things that use it in their name. If their Colorado-based "brand" was called "Starfall Racers" that would be one thing, but it isn't.

I love that they're trying to say Universal Parks promote violent content that triggers aggression. Those minions are such violent instigators. Puss n Boots always threatening people to pray for mercy.
They clearly have no leg to stand on in their lawsuit.

I don’t mind Stardust Racers, it still sells the vision for me.
Careful, they definitetly don't want that confusion either! :lol:

vision.png

It sounds like they lost in non-US courts and nothing to do with the US. So not sure that we can say Universal will lose because Wrestling lost.
The world seemed smaller then.

I wasn't inferring whether Universal would win or lose but won't be surprised if there's a settlement or Universal has already decided on dropping it on their end and planning to use the new name to save time and money. The park opens next year so the final name needs to be decided soon. If the case drags out longer than the construction timeline Stardust Racers will be the fallback.

Wonder if they already made the sign and it was waiting to be installed before this happened? lol

Forgot about HHN? FF, Transformers, JP, Bourne, and others aren't PG-level IPs either. It's not a completely baseless argument because Stardust is focused on teaching younger kids just starting out in school; I can certainly see where they're coming from.

The world seemed smaller then.

I wasn't inferring whether Universal would win or lose but won't be surprised if there's a settlement or Universal has already decided on dropping it on their end and planning to use the new name to save time and money. The park opens next year so the final name needs to be decided soon. If the case drags out longer than the construction timeline Stardust Racers will be the fallback.

Wonder if they already made the sign and it was waiting to be installed before this happened? lol
I just meant the cases couldn't be compared since this is in the US courts and they lost in non-US courts. So we don't really know how a US court would rule. I do think that the name to Universal isn't important and just drop it and move on. But they could have already done a lot of signage since we have seen signage elsewhere in the park.

Hah, I haven't thought about Starfall in years. I remember playing those flash games on my school's big boxy computer monitors in the early 2000s. What an interesting way to cross paths with them again.

Imo Starfall Racers is much cooler sounding than Stardust Racers. The fact that we all assumed at first that Stardust was for a kiddie coaster variant is telling methinks.

We'll see how it goes, but hopefully the name stays as is. It is a rather silly lawsuit after all. Kind of reminds me of the Evermore lawsuit against Taylor Swift.
starfall is not a great name for a children's education website
Might I ask for elaboration on this? haha I really just don't quite follow.