Celestial Park (Epic Universe) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Celestial Park (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow... this really sucks.

7xfyq1i74h461.jpg

Fortunately the rollercoaster’s signage (which was already finished) was just a cardboard cutout. So they can print out the word “dust” and glue it over the top.

Since this is a racing coaster, my guess is yelling “eat my stardust” at the other train will become a common taunt.

Will they be sued by Stardust bowling next? If not, what would prevent that from happening in the future?
The Services field in the Starfall Racers trademark application was stuffed with far too many different categories, including entertainment services and arcades/video games. That’s likely the crux of the issue with Starfall Education, and how both parties knew they’d win a case if brought to trial.

Stardust Racers is listed as amusement attraction, specifically a roller coaster. And that’s it. So unless Stradust Bowling has roller coasters inside, I think they’re in the clear now.

I like Starfall Racers more now, but honestly I think I'll get used to the new name pretty quickly. I pretty much already have since we've been talking about the lawsuit for a little while now.

In 2030, when the park has been fully operational for a good while and all the opening speculation and hype has completely left, this will all just be trivia and half-forgotten memories, and Starfall will feel like the strange, less fitting name because we won't be used to calling it that for 3 years straight. That's just how these things go.

The Services field in the Starfall Racers trademark application was stuffed with far too many different categories, including entertainment services and arcades/video games. That’s likely the crux of the issue with Starfall Education, and how both parties knew they’d win a case if brought to trial.

Stardust Racers is listed as amusement attraction, specifically a roller coaster. And that’s it. So unless Stradust Bowling has roller coasters inside, I think they’re in the clear now.
Devastating news for the Starfall Racers commemorative Toothbrush enthusiast community. :pensive:

So why not apply for a new trademark removing the unnecessary categories and keeping the name?

I’m genuinely curious how this works.

"Fall" is a lot more dramatic/active verb than "dust," but everyone who isn't an influencer going to call it "the space coaster" anyway so I can't really get worked up about it.
“Fall” sounds much faster than “Dust”, too.

Speed is literally associated with falling whereas when someone thinks of dust, they may think about how dust settles in spots around their house, which honestly makes the name sound a bit more boring in that way.

But since it’s not a coaster in a box and everyone will be able to see this thing in motion and the intensity of it, the name matters almost none at all here.

Stardust racers is a good name, but if you think I'm not on the lookout for some bootleg Starfall Racers merchandise, you don't know me.
These are going to end up in the landfill with the ET Atarti cartridges and the HHN shirts with Billie Eilish on them

• Haha
Reactions: GA-MBIT
Speed is literally associated with falling whereas when someone thinks of dust, they may think about how dust settles in spots around their house, which honestly makes the name sound a bit more boring in that way.
I dunno, I think it fits quite well with the racing theme. The goal is to leave your opponent in the dust — and star dust, I guess, follows shooting stars.

So why not apply for a new trademark removing the unnecessary categories and keeping the name?

I’m genuinely curious how this works.
Because they're already tied up in a legal battle with the current one, which would not even be scheduled to go to trial until next March, so it's not something they could afford to lose and not be ready to make a new sign, promote the ride for the new park opening soon, etc.

Starfall Education may have still brought a case forward if they hadn't used those services in their Starfall Racers application, (although I believe their case may have been much weaker,) but regardless, Universal probably isn't interested in risking not winning and having to change things last minute when they could just change them now and move on.