Character Meet and Greet | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Character Meet and Greet

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really?!?!? I've NEVER seen that, and I've seen it many times! Maybe it happened originally as a fluke and now she incorporated it? I've never seen it before.

I wouldn't blame her for not always doing it though, cuz that means her foot without the shoe has to step onto the wet Universal Plaza floor, which happened haha.

Either way, it was frikin HILARIOUS. I love her.

...please tell me that's a joke babe.
You know me ;)

I actually saw her pestering a few Minion Mayhem team members, it was amusing/sad...lol

Any meet and greet characters not out that you'd like to see? I wish Charlie Chaplin was still a park character. Sad that Th Simpsons ride queue even makes fun of Universal not having Chaplin anymore, I wonder what happened. I know Universal's old Chaplin character is still impersonating him at different restaurants lol.

There are characters at Universal Studios Hollywood I really want to meet, including Lucy Ricardo, the Simpsons and Count Dracula!

Over at Universal Studios Singapore, these are the characters that can be met

• Marilyn Monroe
  • Betty Boop
  • Charlie Chaplin
  • Beetlejuice
  • Frankenstein's Monster
  • Woody Woodpecker and Winnie Woodpecker
  • Po from Kung Fu Panda
  • Minions (Stuart and Jerry)
  • Madagascar Characters - Alex, Gloria, King Julien, Penguins (after Madagascar Boogie! shows)
  • Shrek and Princess Fiona (ogress)
  • Pinocchio from Shrek
  • Puss in Boots and Kitty Softpaws (after The Dance For The Magic Beans show)
  • Dr Rodney and Baby Dinosaur Diane
  • Velociraptor (mini-show)
  • The Scorpion King
  • The Nile Princess (an Anck-su-Namun type character)
  • Anubis Guards
  • Aliens
  • Optimus Prime
  • Bumblebee
  • Sesame Street Characters
  • Mel's Dinettes (Singers)
  • The Cruisers (Singers)
The following used to do meets. Not sure if they will be back.

• Mae West
  • Fairy Godmother and Prince Charming from Shrek
  • Rick O'Connell and Evelyn O'Connell
  • Ardeth Bay
  • Egyptian Guards* (not sure if still meeting)
I've also seen photos of the WaterWorld cast meeting after the show.

Reactions: Jon Fu
Thanks!

Yeah I am pretty happy with USS's variety of characters, but of course I always hope to see more! That said, I really appreciate the characters that are out. However, I just wish they still had the O'Connells, Ardeth Bay and Fairy Godmother. Of course, they may return, hopefully!

I'd love for us to have all available Universal characters, and for them to put on a show that's basically a combo of the Orlando and Singapore parades, but as a mini show with floats in Universal Plaza. Like our character street party but on massive steroids.

Since I put up a list of characters at Universal Studios Singapore awhile ago, I just thought I'd update it a little.

• Marilyn Monroe (Hollywood/ New York)
  • Betty Boop (Hollywood/ New York)
  • Charlie Chaplin (Hollywood/ New York)
  • Beetlejuice (Hollywood/ New York)
  • Frankenstein's Monster (Hollywood)
  • Woody Woodpecker and Winnie Woodpecker (Hollywood)
  • Po from Kung Fu Panda (Hollywood)
  • Minions (Stuart and Jerry) (Hollywood)
  • Madagascar Characters - Alex, Gloria, King Julien, Penguins (after Madagascar Boogie! shows)
  • Shrek and Fiona (in ogress form) (Far Far Away)
  • Pinocchio from Shrek (Far Far Away)
  • Puss in Boots, Kitty Softpaws and Isabella/ Alejandro (Host) (after The Dance For The Magic Beans show)
  • Dr Rodney and Baby Dinosaur Diane (The Lost World)
  • Velociraptor (mini-show) (The Lost World)
  • The Scorpion King (Ancient Egypt)
  • The Nile Princess (an Anck-su-Namun type character) (Ancient Egypt)
  • Anubis Guards (Ancient Egypt)
  • Optimus Prime (Sci-Fi City)
  • Bumblebee (Sci-Fi City)
  • Sesame Street Characters in New York area (Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, Bert and Ernie. Big Bird can be seen in the Sesame Street show but I am unsure as to whether he appears for meet and greet sessions.)
  • Mel's Dinettes (Hollywood, usually can be met for a while before performances) 
  • The Cruisers (I've seen them doing a meet and greet near the front of the park before, but this might have been due to special circumstances. I have not met them personally. I remember they would pose for photos for a short while before their performances but I'm not sure if they still do that.)
  • WaterWorld Cast (after show)
The following feature in the Hollywood Dreams Parade:

• SuperGrover, Elmo, Cookie Monster and Director (Pre-show)
  • Beetlejuice and Woody Woodpecker
  • Alex, Penguins of Madagascar, King Julien, Gloria
  • Shrek, Puss in Boots, Pinocchio
  • Jurassic Park crew
  • Anubis Guards
  • Scorpion King
  • Nile Princess
  • Imhotep
  • Mummy Guardians/ Soldiers
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • Betty Boop

The following used to do meets. Not sure if they will be back.

• Mae West
  • Fairy Godmother and Prince Charming from Shrek
  • Rick O'Connell and Evelyn O'Connell
  • Ardeth Bay
  • Egyptian Guards (Anubis Guards still meeting)
  • Aliens (As far as I can tell, it's just Transformers characters in Sci-Fi City now)

I'm obsessed with Universal's face characters. Lucy and all the Citizens of Whoville were absolutely brilliant yesterday. The professionalism and the pure talent that Universal hires is remarkable. Best part about Universal for me right now.

Yesterday the Grinch impersonated Kim Kardashian for me on camera by posing and flashing his green butt for me and said HE broke the Internet. It was hilarious.

Reactions: William
Yeah, they're incredible. They don't phone it in at all and are just so animated and their improv is fantastic. The only characters in Disneyland that I think match Universal's character's raw talent are Lady Tremaine, her daughters, Peter Pan, and The Mad Hatter. Probably a few more haha.

I'd love to audition for The Grinch or The Mayor next year!