Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Character Meet and Greet

I agree with you.We don't like ET. You're afraid of him and I don't like it because the scientists want to capture ET
I sincerely don't understand your reasoning.....at all.

E.T. Is a Universal classic. I really wish we had a photo op of him.
Me too. I love William's idea. ET really is a Universal classic and has so much of the essence of what makes Universal. I understand the movie and character is not everyone's cup of tea, but it's still a VERY popular classic.

I don't like the Simpson's characters....at all. But if they're popular, I'm not gonna be wanting them removed from the park.

I hope that they'll eventually make the minions that we meet more interactive or have them sing and talk their cute gibberish. That'd be a hoot :)

Speaking of meet and greets, I had a blast meeting Lucy yesterday. Again. Universal has amazing Lucys. I remembered the cast member's actual name and she was so surprised and happy haha. That's usually a no no at Disney and Universal, since when you're in character, your real self doesn't exist. But we introduced ourselves on new year and I remembered haha. Favorite meet and greet character from any park, period.

Speaking of Lucy,If Minion Mayhem opens,I don't know if Universal Studios Hollywood puts Lucy Wilde of the Anti-Villain League with Gru
I don't think they will. She isn't seen anywhere in Minion Mayhem since the ride takes place before the second film, and there will already be several Despicable Me characters roaming the site (Gru, Margo, Edith, Agnes, Vector, minions).

So I am trying to make a list of the most common characters that can be found in the park and where they usually are. Based on this thread:

Dora & Diego -- where?

Simpsons -- by their ride?

SpongeBob -- where?

Lucille Ball -- where?

Frankenstein - where?  Maybe near House of Horrors?

Doc Brown -- near Studio Tour loading area

Minions -- near their ride

Swamp Musicians -- near Shrek.

Any thoughts?  Am I missing any that are more common?  Can you help fill in the locations?  Thanks for any and all help!

This is always tough.  Some of the street performers have already changed...

Swamp Musicians are gone.  Replaced by Construction Tap Dancers which only show during peak periods.

Minions are near Cartooniversal gift shop since the ride is not accessible yet.  Sometimes they are in Universal Plaza.

Doc Brown is a floating character as well as Beetlejuice and Frankenstein.  Usually found near Cartooniversal.

Lucille Ball seems to have a permanent spot with Marilyn Monroe at the moment at the Studio Tour queue. But never solid because they can move too.

Spongebob usually in Universal Plaza, but not when Grinchmas is on.

Simpsons, yes, near the ride only.

Dora and Diego are getting scarce, but mostly in the Studio Center (Lower Lot) along with Transformers and Mummy Stilt walkers.

New York actors, as well as a policeman, have been prominent near the Construction Workers stage.

Scooby Doo and Shaggy have been frequent lately, and also roam.  Woody Woodpecker and Betty Boop have been seen a lot lately.

Because of the lack of attractions, characters in the park have been stepped up to appeause the guests interactivity.

Have not seen the band on London Street for a while, although I did see the Pianist yesterday.  Moulin Rouge sometimes has a few different shows they rotate between.  Come to think of it, there has been a lot of streetmosphere lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great info and will help me at least know who is often available and where they often are. And that app is great! Thanks, Jon. I didn't know about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
All transformers characters are located near their  attraction.

Frankenstien and Dracula are seen mostley infront of House of Horrors, Mummy can also be found here at times or on the lower lot near Mummy attraction.

Doc was missing from the Universal Plaza character street party, and the other characters awkwardly (but amusingly) looked up to the sky as if searching for the DeLorean, since his part of the audio is still included haha.

And a hilarious mishap happened. During Lucy's dance after she gets off her tricycle, she did this little kick dance move, and her shoe went flying above her head and flew somewhere. Beetlejuice and Dracula grabbed the shoe and started taunting Lucy with it and Lucy started chasing them. It was gold.