CityWalk Expansion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
The only issue I have with Menchies is that it's so small. When we went, it wasn't even that busy. However, the line to pay either has to wrap around where the toppings are or where the cups/yogurt machines are. So either way, it's in the way. We got our toppings on our yogurt and then we had to kind of push back through so we could get in line to pay.

From the pictures I have seen of Menchies I think it looks like Cherry Berry up here. Is there Cherry Berries in Florida or is it all Menchies down there.

From the pictures I have seen of Menchies I think it looks like Cherry Berry up here. Is there Cherry Berries in Florida or is it all Menchies down there.

I haven't heard of Cherry Berry but it looks like there is one in FL on the west coast. I also did not know about Menchies until the CW location was announced, but have since found out they are all over the place here.

Bread Box has a Nutella shake.

NUTELLA. SHAKE.

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

I got a free sandwich at Bread Box today, because they were still doing mock service. I did not eat the sandwich right away, got it to go, so I didn't have for when it was fresh, but it was still good.

They have 7 choices of "bread box fresh" sandwiches, and 7 choices of "grilled cheese" sandwiches, all of which cost $7.95. They do have Nutella shakes, and Twinkies, and a couple of other desserts that I don't recall, along with about 3 salads, several side dishes, and a limited beer and wine menu.

Service was a little slow, but they'll work it out soon. Food was good, and it looks like they make their own potato chips. If I had known it was still in mock service when I ordered, I would have gotten some, but didn't want to back the line up.

HDHoF should be open by now, and I think I'll give it a try on Saturday after work.

Nascar Cafe and NBA Cafe renovation/rebuilds have been given the green light. I don't know for sure what they will be yet but I think the early rumors of NBC Sports World and WWE Hall of Fame are probably correct.

Reactions: Skubersky
I'm all for NBC Sports World, only makes sense to broaden the theme up some. Plus any good bar to watch a soccer game I'm all for.

Aw man. I'd be so sad to see NBA City go. For me it's always been one of the iconic sights of City Walk. And I always go eat there on the very first day of the trip. So I guess I'll treat my next trip there this summer as my last, if it even makes it that far :(

Any word on when these renovations could go into effect? After summer season id presume?

Nascar Cafe and NBA Cafe renovation/rebuilds have been given the green light. I don't know for sure what they will be yet but I think the early rumors of NBC Sports World and WWE Hall of Fame are probably correct.

NBA City is the only eatery in City-Walk I would eat at. This sucks for me. I love Basketball as it's my favorite sport. Oh Well. Bigger and better things I guess.
Love what they have done with the Bread Box and Hotdog Hall of Fame. Oh And City Walk Turns into a HUGE Destination at night. I didnt know that haha! I snapped this image about 9 PM heading back into UNI. The line was wrapped on the other side of that bridge ! LOL Whatever they want to bring into city walk I'll welcome it. I love the Golf, New Eateries so far!

Brvdt8oIYAEnIzP.jpg:large

Had another wonderful dinner at Vivo Thursday night. My friends and I shared a sauteed mushroom appetizer, which was done in a cream sauce, delicious on the bread. I had a pasta dish, some sort of flat noodle like a fettuccine with beets (my favorite food) and spinach, and a lot of garlic. Truly wonderful. The desserts however, are a different story. We shared the sfingli, and it was another "just ok" dessert. They only offer about 5 desserts, and 2 of the ones I've had have been less than stellar.

I've eaten at Cowfish (in North Carolina) and it's wonderful. One of the best surprises on the menu is Crab Rangoon dip. It's genius. You get crispy wonton chips to dip in a big warm bowl of hot crab dip, that's like the filling of crab rangoon. Heavenly. Not to mention all the sushi, burgers, and burgushi are fantastic as well. I think this is going to be the most popular new restaurant.

I've eaten at Cowfish (in North Carolina) and it's wonderful. One of the best surprises on the menu is Crab Rangoon dip. It's genius. You get crispy wonton chips to dip in a big warm bowl of hot crab dip, that's like the filling of crab rangoon. Heavenly. Not to mention all the sushi, burgers, and burgushi are fantastic as well. I think this is going to be the most popular new restaurant.

Sounds like something really different, this is the one I am most looking forward the most.

I just have to say it's funny that BriMan locked my Cowfish thread. I think it deserves it's own discussion thread. Even though it's not open yet. Same with all kinds of upcoming attractions that we discuss all the way up until opening. Just saying.

I miss the picture updates of the progress going on. How far along IS Cowfish these days? That is the most anticipated restaurant for us.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts