CityWalk Expansion | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
My official guess is something along the lines of sports bar and grill. Something like this,

http://www.xfinitylive.com/dining/nbc-sports-arena

To be honest, they should just port the entire Xfinity Live complex to Nascar, seems big enough anyway to do a similar setup. Different themed sports bars and eateries in one encompassing building. Would also make NBA City's departure even easier than it already is.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of the "sports bar" atmosphere, but I definitely think CityWalk is lacking a good place to get a beer these days. I'm hoping this project is more akin to one of those restaurant/brewery places, like a Gordon Biersch or even a BJ's, but a uniquely Universal concept.

Last edited:
The NBC Sports Arena has been brought up a bunch of times. I think we all agree it'd make the most sense here. I really like the place in Downtown Disney over at DLR.. Is that ESPN Zone? Something like that would be cool.

I think they need to find a small hole in the wall and put in a dark/quiet spot with lots of craft beers. A man-cave, if you will.

If it wasn't already everywhere in Orlando I'd ask for a World of Beer. Something similar would be good. I'm still pulling for a Melt Bar & Grilled though. ;)

If it wasn't already everywhere in Orlando I'd ask for a World of Beer. Something similar would be good. I'm still pulling for a Melt Bar & Grilled though. ;)
I'd like to see a "World of Beer & Hot Women" bar. Now that sounds like more fun. Any franchises down there in Florida? LOL

Anyone notice the rise in Citywalk refreshment prices? $4 for bottled water, churros, or pretzels. $3.19 for soda. Crazy. The outdoor cocktail stands went up too, it seems.

Ummm.... that may be a small reason. One of many. But its not a 1 to 1 ratio. They've raised prices to make more in profits based on what guests will pay for certain items.

All the parks have been increasing prices to pay for the higher wages they are paying now.

Is that a sarcastic post? All parks have always paid at or near minimum wage, unless something has changed recently, but I doubt it.

I have no problem paying higher prices for things that are worth paying for, but not for the low cost junk they sell in Universal food service.

Pretty much any theme park quick service food is over priced junk no matter what park you go to :lol:
And the regional amusement parks are even worst. With a few exceptions, most of them have absolutely terrible food, little choice, and prices equal or higher than the major theme parks.

Is that a sarcastic post? All parks have always paid at or near minimum wage, unless something has changed recently, but I doubt it.

I have no problem paying higher prices for things that are worth paying for, but not for the low cost junk they sell in Universal food service.
Disney has recently announced that it will be raising all of it's employees pay to at least $10/hr.

Not sarcastic at all. Disney, Universal and SeaWorld have all recently raised their wages. They aren't paying a great wage, but when they have people starting at $9-$10 an hour (versus minimum wage which is still less than $8 an hour). All of the parks have had to raise the wages in order to get decent workers. With Disney raising all starting wages to $10+ per hour in the next year, they'll all have to raise their wages again and raise prices to pay for it.

Universal's food is no better or worse than any other theme park's. It's like going to a movie theater or a concert or a game, you pay more because it is a venue where they make money on the food and merchandise sales, while the ticket cost barely covers operating costs. It comes down to being a luxury item. No one is forced to spend money on going to a theme park, and no one inside a park is forced to buy anything inside either. Most people will spend money in the parks because it's convenient and it's part of the vacation/visit experience.

Minimum wage is $8.05 in Florida, but it's good to see the parks are not dragging their feet with wages anymore. Should be at least $10.

Yeah. They raise it just enough to send out a press release and make all their employees think their company cares for them when in reality they raise it slightly so the employees don't mutiny and demand a living wage. Which would be closer to $15.