CityWalk Hollywood | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal is starting to hire for Margaritaville. According to USHjobs.com, training will being Januray/February 2017. Maybe late February/early March soft open?

On a related note, anyone know of any updates for VooDoo Donuts?

A few weeks ago, they were filming something on CityWalk and using VooDoo for a Dressing Room/Green Room. Didn't look like any construction had been done. I think they're doing Menchie's first, then VooDoo.

Looks like construction walls are down at Universal Cinema:

2XGGoHO.jpg

And up at Voodoo Doughnuts:

sYRNMRy.jpg

Hmm, don't know. But I believe there was already smaller barriers there, right? (By the way, when inserting a tweet or Youtube video on the forums, all you need to do is copy and paste its like :) )

I was just down at Disneyland today and saw they are ripping out the old House of Blues building to put in a bowling alley. City Walk takes one out and Downtown Disney adds one. Go figure.

Reactions: William
Had to just say - the new Universal Cinemas are a much welcomed upgrade - so worth the price I paid, comfortable and a true theatre experience. Might just be my new favorite theatre. 

I was just down at Disneyland today and saw they are ripping out the old House of Blues building to put in a bowling alley. City Walk takes one out and Downtown Disney adds one. Go figure.

Yeah! It's called "Splitsville," I believe. According to the DisneyDish Podcast with Jim Hill, it is one of the best restaurants at Disney Springs! (They got their data from guest surveys sent out to TP readers) I'm excited to try it for myself! 

Anyone know why the barriers?

Probably just a general safety precaution. At the Disneyland Resort, almost all employee/service gates have poles that rise out of the ground, acting as a barrier.

Had to just say - the new Universal Cinemas are a much welcomed upgrade - so worth the price I paid, comfortable and a true theatre experience. Might just be my new favorite theatre. 

And finally, I know right! Seats are so comfy!!  :p

Reactions: chris.g
Saw something beautiful as I was leaving Universal Cinemas! I am so excited for this to open!

0kGaax7l.jpg

X82xJKal.jpg

hUVEXAbl.jpg

The clock at the 5 O'clock Somewhere Bar is weird. Every few minutes, it tries to tick forward, struggles for a few seconds, gets as far as 5:03, and then settles back to 5:00 on the dot. I understand the intention, but the green color of the lime just makes it look spooky/haunted.

0gaEsSTl.jpg

The last one is around the back, towards iFly. I will probably spend all of my time at this restaurant.

From RyanThemePark, it seems that with the recent survey coming out that pretty much confirms the nighttime Hogwarts show; he was also asked about if he'd be interested to see these restaurants potentially come to Citywalk..

It seems they are interested to bring of some of the Orlando concepts to Hollywood (and while I'm not going to say anything else, the interest has peaked for me in the future of Citywalk)..

Last edited by a moderator:
Grill/Brew would be a perfect fit for Johnny Rockets, Toothsome can go in Karl Strauss or possibly Tony Roma's linked to former Infusion. Cowfish could go in many places. I think with CityWalk, Universal is very interested in aligning both coasts somewhat together in main dining options.

Reactions: Alexshow.