CityWalk Hollywood | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What are the chances that they replace Saddle Ranch with something? Or is that too much of a money maker to get rid of?

Reactions: chris.g
What are the chances that they replace Saddle Ranch with something? Or is that too much of a money maker to get rid of?

Isn't Saddle Ranch more of a franchised food place with multiple locations outside of Universal Hollywood? I could see it as a way to start having things from Universal take over areas that were from commercial outsiders..

I know they are trying to do that with Orlando, as I wouldn't see it as a shock that they may try to do that for Hollywood as well.

….and diabetes. 

I've never eaten at Saddle Ranch. Is it worth checking out sometime? Everyone keeps talking as if its days are numbered. 

Id say it's one of better places to eat at CityWalk if you're looking for old school BBQ and some fat, tasty, meatyass burgers. Nobody knows if it's days are numbered or not. But given it's location and how Universal is really wanting to change up CityWalk/The Resort, it's safe to assume that location is probably one of many spots that Uni would like to expand on to. It's a huge footprint for just a little steakhouse and bar (also considering it's a Chain and not something super unique).

Not to mention it sits empty 2/3 of the time on an average week. Not something you want if your trying to make your park into a multi-day resort.

Last edited by a moderator:
But isn't a familiar chain restaurant what guests really want? Seems like all the "walks" near the parks on both coasts drop unique for familiar. Hell, it's happening IN the parks.

They really should just dump that location and build a hotel there. I don't see anything but Saddle Ranch or its destruction going in that spot.

Reactions: Aaron
If they intend on keeping Saddle Ranch I hope they would at least give the place some attention when it comes to the cosmetic portion of it ...theres a way to still make the place look "Rock Meets Western" without it looking so outdated...Unless they intend on keeping that footprint for a food location for Citywalk I definitely can see the NBC Sports Grill & Brew taking its place but then again that could be 

I think if something like Toothsome went in the Saddle Ranch location, it'd be a huge hit. 1, It's right next to the entrance/exit of the park. 2, the facade just screams "GO HERE," and has a fun steampunk theme. 3, it gets tons of free advertising on social media. People posting images of the insane shakes and desserts, or the wacky facade.

In terms of size and keeping with the spectacle of Toothsome, it can't really go anywhere but Saddle Ranch without either removing a parking lot or tearing out a large portion of the existing CityWalk infrastructure. Part of the appeal of Toothsome is the whimsical, larger-than-life atmosphere it projects. It has to have its own space (Where else are the smokestacks gonna go?!) You would lose the performance venue inside Saddle Ranch, but I know Toothsome does have a full bar. That being said, I'm not sure they'd want something quite so flamboyant that close to the entrance of the park.

I could see Cowfish going in where Tony Roma's or Johnny Rocket's is now. I don't know how good/popular Samba is, but I've never seen it very busy, so that's a possible location as well. I'm not a sports guy, so I would be perfectly fine if NBC Sports Grill & Brew did not make the transition.

Something I'd like to see is the addition of a permanent, expanded drop-off/pick up area. For HHN, they move that area from the little bend near Buca Di Beppo to a section in Jurassic Parking. As park attendance rises and ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft become more popular, I think making that move permanent as well as adding permanent benches would be a smart move. In a similar vein, I think an enclosed (or at least covered) seating/waiting area near the shuttle drop-off would be a huge quality of life improvement. No more waiting in the sun/rain, no more standing in a temporary plastic queue, perhaps more prominent signs detailing the time of the next shuttle. Plus it would look a lot nicer than a bunch of people awkwardly and uncomfortably standing around waiting.

In terms of size and keeping with the spectacle of Toothsome, it can't really go anywhere but Saddle Ranch without either removing a parking lot or tearing out a large portion of the existing CityWalk infrastructure. Part of the appeal of Toothsome is the whimsical, larger-than-life atmosphere it projects.

That scale doesn't really exist in Hollywood and I don't think it should either. To me WWoHP feels a little out of place for that reason. I'd be fine with a scaled down version, as long as it has the awesome steampunk theme to it.

Ya know, I wouldn't mind Billabong leaving.... 

Never thought about that, though it's a tiny location (It's BARELY 2000 sq ft. - toothsome in Orlando being over 20,000 sq ft.) I could see them putting NBC Sports Grill or Toothsome in that spot, i'd think Popcornopolis and Fossil would have to be used/relocated as well as that section of citywalk is designed for small retail spaces.

Reactions: chris.g
Margaritaville is nearing completion!

32699550296_f6996f3166.jpg

32586628462_eea82de88a.jpg

31926054973_b23f63d607.jpg

32699551116_3c5b76cfd2.jpg

31926056343_ca251c1316.jpg

31897006174_b698374cdd.jpg

32360261390_2381bfaff9.jpg

Voodoo Donuts, on the other hand, still has a ways to go...

32699550216_b648237201.jpg

Saddle Ranch is one of the nightlife staples for Citywalk on weekends. It might be light during the day but the place gets packed on weekend nights when the DJs come out. I don't really see it going anywhere soon.

Had lunch at Margaritaville today and it was great! I got the Volcano nachos with a traditional margarita. It was probably the finest margarita I've ever had. I'll need to split those nachos with someone next time because it was massive. It was really good though. This might be my new go-to spot for Citywalk now. Margaritas and nachos sound great. 

Now if Toothsome makes its way over here, I think my health my go by way of the Jaws ride. 

Saddle Ranch is one of the nightlife staples for Citywalk on weekends. It might be light during the day but the place gets packed on weekend nights when the DJs come out. I don't really see it going anywhere soon.

I agree with that. I think what Saddle Ranch really needs is a refurbishment period and a new audio system. I was there not to long ago and it sounded like the places subwoofers already threw in the towel 

Don't know, but if it did, that's exciting!  I'm bummed about Flame Broiler closing, though.  I really like that chain, and it was often our go-to spot.  That said, it never seemed to be very busy, and that particular branch didn't always have the best customer service, so that's not too much of a surprise.  Maybe we'll get an even exchange with a Waba Grill?  No inside info, just my own wish.