CityWalk Hollywood | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Poor guy in the fountain, I hope he didn't lose a contact lens.  ;-)

Citywalk_020516_1.jpg

More fountain wiring.  This is exhausting.

Citywalk_020516_2.jpg

Studio Store sign removed as well as lots of exterior surfaces.  This place is going to look completely different.

CitywalkStudioStore_020516_1.jpg
CitywalkStudioStore_020516_2.jpg

Gee, I wonder what the theme will be at this end of the store.  ;-)

CitywalkStudioStore_020516_3.jpg
CitywalkStudioStore_020516_4.jpg

Tile installed in Ludobird.

Citywalk_020516_3.jpg

No picture in front of the globe fountain, I guess.

EntrancePlaza_020516_1.jpg

So I guess Feb is considered a 'dead' enough period they can put construction walls in front of the globe?
FYI, the constructions walls around the globe actually encircle a very large area of the parking lot, too.  Starting near the path from the bridge to hotels all the way down to back doors of Billabong and all the preferred parking behind that is fenced off.

Shoe Palace getting closer. 

Citywalk_020716_1.jpg
Citywalk_020716_2.jpg

King Kong hungry for Blaze Pizza!

Citywalk_020716_4.jpg

I don't remember this billboard being so generic before.  If it's new, I infer from it that bowling will still be included in Jillian's replacement.  If it's not new, ignore this.

Citywalk_020716_3.jpg

More Potter-like windows in the studio store.

Citywalk_020716_5.jpg

Citywalk_020716_6.jpg

Entry Plaza looking very wide open and construction free at the moment.

Citywalk_020716_7.jpg

It's clear that a large new circular plaza is getting installed around globe fountain.  But what are all those steel posts for?  This project is taking up a lot of space.  It's a priority, too, because I've heard them working fairly late at night.  I assume the objective is to finish before April 5 media event.

EntrancePlaza_021316_1.jpg
EntrancePlaza_021316_2.jpg
EntrancePlaza_021316_4.jpg
EntrancePlaza_021316_5.jpg
EntrancePlaza_021316_6.jpg
EntrancePlaza_021316_7.jpg

New fence around planter looks nice.

EntrancePlaza_021316_3.jpg

Fountain continues progress.  When done most visitors will never know the effort and engineering that makes it work.

Citywalk_021316_2.jpg
Citywalk_021316_3.jpg
Citywalk_021316_4.jpg
Citywalk_021316_5.jpg
Citywalk_021316_6.jpg

Work always seems to be happening at Shoe Palace but it doesn't ever look more "done."

Citywalk_021316_1.jpg

I'm curious as to how they're going to redirect guests from the end of CityWalk to behind the globe fountain. I guess it's convenient for guests who are in priority parking, since they'll be able to walk straight through bag check and be on their way, but guests who are coming from general parking will have to make the trek through CityWalk and then likely be forced through a bottleneck between Billabong and a new barrier that leads them around the globe fountain. 

Interesting tidbit that I just recently heard. The theme park apparently bought out the movie theater for park expansion not too long ago.

It appeared to me the workers were putting sealer around the outer perimeter of the fountain.  Like every step of this redo it looks very labor intensive and time consuming.  All that to 'plus' something that I never heard anyone complain about.  In fact, people loved the old fountain especially kids.  I can't help but wonder what specific benefit Universal expects to see from this investment.  You know, in the planning meeting someone must have said, "We need to spend big on the fountains because ______________."  What was it that got the decision makers to vote yes when there must have been other projects that got no's.  Inquiring minds.

Citywalk_022016_1.jpg

Citywalk_022016_2.jpg

Anyone show up without a ticket?  Despite the advantages of purchasing online they're certainly prepared to handle last minute purchasers.  Hope all those ticket sellers got jobs elsewhere in the park.  Vending machine technician, perhaps?  And yes, it looked like there were spots in install 10 more on the other side of the red carpet.

Citywalk_022016_3.jpg

Citywalk_022016_4.jpg

Nice grates going in around the new trees.

Citywalk_022016_5.jpg

Nice big potted palms.

Citywalk_022016_6.jpg
Citywalk_022016_7.jpg

The new fountains are cycling and they look amazing! No wonder they took so much time on this!

Last edited by a moderator: