CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The thing is, the HHN crowd is the perfect crowd to cater to for a club. The issue is, if they want to keep doing this, what do you do for the other 10 months of the year to keep that space profitable? Rethink Red Coconut closure maybe?

It’s interesting because Rising Star and Bob Marley’s seem quite popular year-round, but they also must have plenty of regulars. I’m not sure if 4 clubs would be consistently popular throughout the year or if it’s better to send the guests into the 3 other venues.

Another thing to note is Universal has done 0 advertising for this. Even a basic Facebook post would send plenty of people towards it.

It would be cool if they treated Red Coconut similar to the tribute store, rotating the themes throughout the year.

It was a great idea. Whoever came up with it should be promoted. And @Brian G. idea to theme it for the Holidays and Mardi Gras seems workable. And I'm sure they could do a summer theme of some sort to keep it going for 12 months. A shame to waste a good club as an Escape Room. Keep it as a Club.

It was a great idea. Whoever came up with it should be promoted. And @Brian G. idea to theme it for the Holidays and Mardi Gras seems workable. And I'm sure they could do a summer theme of some sort to keep it going for 12 months. A shame to waste a good club as an Escape Room. Keep it as a Club.
I’m confused. The Red Coconut Club isn’t where the escape room is going. The escape room is going where The Groove was. These are two different locations.

And the Escape Room is probably very far along inside, as indicated by permits and hiring that happened recently. It’s supposed to open this year after all.

I’m confused. The Red Coconut Club isn’t where the escape room is going. The escape room is going where The Groove was. These are two different locations.

And the Escape Room is probably very far along inside, as indicated by permits and hiring that happened recently. It’s supposed to open this year after all.
Yes, I realize that. But, I don't think they need a second Escape Room to go along with the Groove site. I'd guess that was something they may have been considering until
this successful seasonal transformation.

Yes, I realize that. But, I don't think they need a second Escape Room to go along with the Groove site. I'd guess that was something they may have been considering until
this successful seasonal transformation.
The rumor for this site was the SNL bar, but was never greenlit. There’s several other bars separating this space and the escape rooms.

The rumor for this site was the SNL bar, but was never greenlit. There’s several other bars separating this space and the escape rooms.
I think if they see a future in the club actually working again (with seasonal overlays as @Brian G. said), they may look at some of the other locations for the SNL Club if they want to do that still. I know Rising Star used to be popular, but now that CityWalk is only open until 12 am and it's popularity has died off in recent years anyway, I could see that location being good for an SNL bar, but I guess I still just don't know what this SNL thing would be.

I'd hope that they were only using the SNL brand as an aesthetic theme for the bar with props and stuff inside, drinks named after iconic sketch's etc, but nothing else. That is unless they decided to go in a Comedy Warehouse or SAK Comedy Lab direction with it to turn something like Rising Star into an improv comedy club. I'd support that decision, but I doubt that's what they were planning.

What they were thinking of turning Red Coconut into was probably something akin to a Trader Sam's, but SNL.

What they were thinking of turning Red Coconut into was probably something akin to a Trader Sam's, but SNL.
yea it would’ve just been some light theming, maybe with screens playing clips, I’m sure. And as far as I’ve heard it will not be happening since they never got approval for it. So, they can do whatever they want with this space.

yea it would’ve just been some light theming, maybe with screens playing clips, I’m sure. And as far as I’ve heard it will not be happening since they never got approval for it. So, they can do whatever they want with this space.
Was it that upper management didn't approve it or did Lorne have something to say about it?

I think if they see a future in the club actually working again (with seasonal overlays as @Brian G. said), they may look at some of the other locations for the SNL Club if they want to do that still. I know Rising Star used to be popular, but now that CityWalk is only open until 12 am and it's popularity has died off in recent years anyway, I could see that location being good for an SNL bar, but I guess I still just don't know what this SNL thing would be.

Rising Star is by far the most popular of the venues, usually packed. Pat O Breins is usually the quietest. I’d be shocked to see Pat O’s go though.

Have to wonder if they’re going to rethink the 12am closing time after seeing (apparent) success with these late night hours they’ve been having during HHN.

Reactions: Mad Dog

I'd hope that they were only using the SNL brand as an aesthetic theme for the bar with props and stuff inside, drinks named after iconic sketch's etc, but nothing else. That is unless they decided to go in a Comedy Warehouse or SAK Comedy Lab direction with it to turn something like Rising Star into an improv comedy club. I'd support that decision, but I doubt that's what they were planning.

I think a comedy club would be a pretty decent addition. Make it more like a Laugh Factory concept.

Rising Star is by far the most popular of the venues, usually packed. Pat O Breins is usually the quietest. I’d be shocked to see Pat O’s go though.

Have to wonder if they’re going to rethink the 12am closing time after seeing (apparent) success with these late night hours they’ve been having during HHN.

I wonder what Universal pays for the Pat O's licensing.

Has anyone heard anything about CityWalk potentially being revisited again just like in 2014-2016? It's pretty much reached its capacity threshold on most nights this year and with EU and more hotels coming online soon it'll need more.

Universal obviously knows that since they removed the sign upfront trying to prevent congestion. The pinch point between Cowfish and the Universal store can be quite the adventurous trek.