CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I came here to bring that up, too. Seems like quite the departure from the borderline insane measures they used to take to keep all things HP isolated.
Yeah, it's been a steady drip (shirts in IoA Emporium, then wands, then CityWalk), but Butterbeer still felt like holy ground.

Side note: remember the stage?
Gotta be honest, no...

The real loss here is that fake wave photo op :sob:
I chuckled, but you know, probably in the top 10 things photographed at UOR. Always has kids enthusiastically posing on it.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Not the first time butterbeer was approved for CityWalk FWIW (though this was Hollywood, not Orlando):

I chuckled, but you know, probably in the top 10 things photographed at UOR. Always has kids enthusiastically posing on it.
I'd believe it honestly. I laughed too, but some of my favorite childhood photos from the parks were on that goofy surfboard. Genuinely forgot it was even a part of that shop since I associate it so heavily with visiting the parks as a kid.

Good good good. But the real question is, will they connect it to the Studios Store and bring back my bypass!?!
Yes, my husband and I didn't like that the bypass was gone.

The real loss here is that fake wave photo op :sob:
My kids saw that and instantly asked to get a photo there. I said not now, we will later when less crowded (there was lines for people to take pictures). Yesterday was the first time there was no lines and my daughter right away said, "Now can we get our pictures" :lol: They did get their pictures and now they are happy.

Yeah, it's been a steady drip (shirts in IoA Emporium, then wands, then CityWalk), but Butterbeer still felt like holy ground.

Gotta be honest, no...

Ha it was in the leaner times. We were watching them redo the stone/stage where the triwizard show is over and over. We assumed it was not up to her standards. Granted, when the land opened, there was no stage at all. :lmao:

Ha it was in the leaner times. We were watching them redo the stone/stage where the triwizard show is over and over. We assumed it was not up to her standards. Granted, when the land opened, there was no stage at all. :lmao:
Yes, I remember that time. They made some slight stone/stage alterations, and they weren't up to want she wanted, so that had to redo that change.

I'll be on the lookout for discounts at Quiet Flight!

Universal closed PIQ/Fossil/etc. back in early 2020, and opened the new store in April 2021.

So using that timeline, we're looking at an April-ish debut... just in time for Epic.

I'll be on the lookout for discounts at Quiet Flight!

Universal closed PIQ/Fossil/etc. back in early 2020, and opened the new store in April 2021.

So using that timeline, we're looking at an April-ish debut... just in time for Epic.

I wouldn’t use that as a barometer considering what happened in 2020 (not to mention, they basically had to rework 3 stores into 1).

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wouldn’t use that as a barometer considering what happened in 2020 (not to mention, they basically had to rework 3 stores into 1).

Hopefully, it won't take that long, the only major slowdown would be cutting a hole between the current store and the new store. I'd imagine they'll put everybody they can on this project to start pushing out merch as soon as possible.

Reactions: SeventyOne