Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Coaster Close Ups

I had some luck with the fisheye lens on Thunder Mountain back in November so I hoped to duplicate that success on Everest and was able to get some nice shots. I did have some trouble with going back and forth from really dark to really bright to in the shade but luckily I am able to save some dark ones with Lightroom

Expedition Everest by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

My camera is usually tucked away in the hold when on EE. Not next time, yet another great shot Mike:thumbs:

How many bad shots do you get these days, my ratio is about 300 to 1 :bang:

l
My camera is usually tucked away in the hold when on EE. Not next time, yet another great shot Mike:thumbs:

:lol: I shoot lots of bad shots. I shot just about everything in manual so my first shot of something is what I think the settings might be. Then once I see what setting is off I adjust and sometimes takes a few test shots. This fisheye though is a different beast since its a manual focus and once you find that sweet focus spot you just have to decide what aperture, shutter and ISO and just shoot away with out worry about it being out of focus. Everest was hard since it went through drastically different lighting in a fast amount of time. A lot of them came out too dark but im able to save them using Lightroom :thumbs:

I usually arrive at UOR at opening and stay until close. Figure 25 to 50 beauty shots for the PoD thread. The rest for updates. To achieve this I will usually take between 500 and 1000 shots. I almost always bracket the exposure on update shots +/- 1/2 so that equals three per shot. Beauty shots I'll usually take the from two different angles. If we average everything out it's about 300 shots a day with about 150 published.

I realize you weren't asking me but I thought a little more data might help.

I probably average one really good shot every 50 or so. If I'm shooting at DAK, it typically sinks to 1:100 or less. That means a typical day in the park may net me about 5 quality keepers.

I took about 1000 shots those 3 days I was up there , averaged about 350 a day. So far I have posted 26 photos on Flickr and hope to have at least 100 good shots to post from that trip. Also I did take a lot of picture of my family and those won't get posted anywhere but on my Facebook since those are more for memories

I usually arrive at UOR at opening and stay until close. Figure 25 to 50 beauty shots for the PoD thread. The rest for updates. To achieve this I will usually take between 500 and 1000 shots. I almost always bracket the exposure on update shots +/- 1/2 so that equals three per shot. Beauty shots I'll usually take the from two different angles. If we average everything out it's about 300 shots a day with about 150 published.

I realize you weren't asking me but I thought a little more data might help.

Information welcome from all angles, thanks Bob.:thumbs: Don't forget those all important Marilyn shots too :whoo:

I probably average one really good shot every 50 or so. If I'm shooting at DAK, it typically sinks to 1:100 or less. That means a typical day in the park may net me about 5 quality keepers.

Thanks Mike, maybe Im not as bad as I thought. Still a long way to go to catch you guys standards but I am enjoying learning.
PS loved your waterfall shot on Flickr would love a walk through og how to achieve a shot like that.

Hockeyman

I took about 1000 shots those 3 days I was up there , averaged about 350 a day. So far I have posted 26 photos on Flickr and hope to have at least 100 good shots to post from that trip. Also I did take a lot of picture of my family and those won't get posted anywhere but on my Facebook since those are more for memories

I'm about out of picture of the day shots :'( only really got holiday snaps no "beauty shots" as Bob perfectly puts it.