Country Bear Changes | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Country Bear Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Increasing hourly capacity and making it more PC.

Yeah, I've read elsewhere that part of the reason for the changes came from dumb parents complaining about the not exactly "kid friendly" dialogue and songs.

[video=youtube;Qh2sWSVRrmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/video]

A list of changes from WDWMagic forums....

• Teddi Barra has a really great new sparkly hat and parasol, but she still has crazy eyes. Also her flower is bright purple and sequined.
  • Lots of interstitial dialogue is missing. Show feels very abrupt.
  • "Devilish Mary" has been cut.
  • A shortened version of "If you can't bite don't growl" is in the show, but it is moved to where "Fractured Folk Song" was.
  • The "But you gotta be quick" song is gone. But, "Mama don't whoop Little Buford" is still in.
  • Liver Lips McGraw has crazy, wild man hair now. It's so odd. Many bears got new costumes. Some are really out there.
  • Gomer got new fur. He is like, a deep burgundy red with a blonde goatee. It looks so crazy.
  • Lots of songs have been shortened. Finale is at least half gone.

And here's a video of the newly abridged version of Country Bear Jamboree:

[video=youtube;_vwchwHjML0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vwchwHjML0[/video]

Did this attraction have capacity issues? I don't remember it ever having much of a line.

I fell out of my chair when I saw this.

From @cmdisbrow

Lots of people here to see the new CBJ...

itPzUo0MuWbHT.png

No. My theory is that the cuts are all Fastpass+ related. More shows in the hour = more slots for Fastpass+ reservations

Why would anybody want Fastpass+ for this attraction? I don't really envision it getting booked to quickly. This whole change is just pointless.

The picture that BJCool posted further exemplifies the fact that nothing should have been done to this attraction. Just more wasted money...

Why would anybody want Fastpass+ for this attraction? I don't really envision it getting booked to quickly. This whole change is just pointless.

Booked, and needing more shows to spread out capacity are different. I think the parks are going to be very, very different come FP+

The picture that BJCool posted further exemplifies the fact that nothing should have been done to this attraction. Just more wasted money...

I very much disagree there. The work that's been done to the AAs to quiet/update their movement is great. But changing the show was a waste of time.

I hope the show isn't forever lost, so one day Disney will realize what a mistake this is and return it back to normal.

To be honest, the only way we can hope to get this back to the original show is to complain to guest services.

I hope the show isn't forever lost, so one day Disney will realize what a mistake this is and return it back to normal.

To be honest, the only way we can hope to get this back to the original show is to complain to guest services.

I plan on being one of "those guys". Usually I'm not a complainer about creative changes, but I won't go quietly into the night on this one.

I very much disagree there. The work that's been done to the AAs to quiet/update their movement is great. But changing the show was a waste of time.

But why update an attraction that clearly isn't bringing in crowds? As much as I love the attraction, if nobody's going to see it, than scrap it and come up with something entirely new. It's kind of like Universal updating Shrek. It just seems like maybe something new should be added instead.

You're right thought in that the AA's look much more impressive.

But why update an attraction that clearly isn't bringing in crowds? As much as I love the attraction, if nobody's going to see it, than scrap it and come up with something entirely new. It's kind of like Universal updating Shrek. It just seems like maybe something new should be added instead.

Not everything in a park will be Splash Mountain. It still brings in crowds when the park is at a decent level. Shows are never all too popular anyway. There's many rides to be scrapped in the MK before the Bears.

But it wasn't not bringing in the crowds. It was consistently hitting it's numbers, and was looking ragged. A refurb was needed.

And I'd very much disagree that this is like updating Shrek. Shrek isn't a classic attraction. This would be like updating ET and ending the ride after the forest.

Perhaps the reason the show was shortened was due to guests complaining it was too long/boring?

That's the only reason I could see why they would do this...

Perhaps the reason the show was shortened was due to guests complaining it was too long/boring?

That's the only reason I could see why they would do this...

I was assured by my Bothan spies within park ops and maintenance that this change was not based on guest demand.

It all has to do with Ops treating the park like a conveyor belt trying to move people as quickly as they can from one spot to another.