Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Country Bear Changes

this show might not have been a personal favorite, but even i think the changes are stupid. like does it not occur to people that the show's gone years and not gotten so many complaints about it being offensive? like come on society.

The only thing offensive about the show is that it looks like cross between Chuck E Cheese and Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse (northern franchise). It may be a classic, but so is the incandescent light bulb. Give it 5 million in vast improvements or just tear it down.

Video from WDI. No mention of the cuts (Not that they would mention it anyway).

[video=youtube;Zmu7ceXpoxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zmu7ceXpoxM[/video]

The only thing offensive about the show is that it looks like cross between Chuck E Cheese and Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse (northern franchise). It may be a classic, but so is the incandescent light bulb. Give it 5 million in vast improvements or just tear it down.

Seriously, get this thing out of here. It's always been so tacky.

Not everything is going to be Forbidden Journey. The show was entertaining.

Seriously, get this thing out of here. It's always been so tacky.

Completely agree...It may be a classic for Disney World, but it's not a very good one. It is incredibly tacky.

As someone who worked in Frontierland for a while, Country Bear shows would have guest in them.

As someone who has seen this show....yeah........just yeah.

WDW News Today posted a list of all of the major changes:

For those either unfamiliar with the show or in case you forgot what the show formerly was, I have compiled a list of everything that has been removed:

Opening and Pianjo
Buff: “We can’t hang around here all day”
Max: “Takes a little doin’ to set these things up”
Henry: OK, OK boys, take it easy, take it easy, now we’re ready to start. Sorry folks, I’ll be right with you. (Clears throat)”
Henry: “Bit enough of this chat chat, yak-yak, and flim-flam. Just refrain from hibernatin’ (laugh), and we’ll all enjoy the show because we’ve got a lot to give.”
(Several seconds of Pianjo number cut)

Bear Band Serenade with Five Bear Rugs
Henry: “Plus Gomer” (When introducing Five Bear Rugs number)
(One verse of “One sure thing the bear band’s got is real old country rhythm” cut)

Fractured Folk Song by Henry and Wendell
Song completely removed from show

If Ya’ Can’t Bite, Don’t Growl (Moved up in the show)
No cuts

My Woman Ain’t Pretty by Liverlips McGrowl
No cuts

Mama Don’t Whup Little Buford by Henry and Wendell
No cuts

Tears Will Be The Chaser For Your Wine by Trixie
(Introduction)
Henry: “A little bit of ever-lovin’ cuddlesome fluff”
(Ending)
Henry: “Beautiful, beautiful. That was a mighty big song Trixie.”
Trixie: “Oh thank ya’ Henry (giggles)”
Buff: “That sure ain’t all that’s big”
Max: “Well, you’re no lightweight yourself Buff.”
Henry: “Boys, boys, watch your manners.”
Melvin: “Yeah, if you can’t say somethin’ nice…”
Henry: “Now boys, boys, ok now boys if you just stop carrying on like, we just might dedicate this next song to ya’ll. And we so dedicate.”

Devilish Mary performed by Five Bear Rugs
Song completely removed from show

How Long Will My Baby Be Gone performed by Shaker
No cuts

All The Guys That Turn Me On Turn Me Down by Bunny, Bubbles, and Beulah
Repetition of “Nothing ever seems to work for me” at end of number

Heart We Did All That We Could by Teddi Barra
(Introduction)
Henry: “Swing it teddy!”
Max: “Wow, here she comes”
Buff: (Whistling)

Blood On The Saddle by Big Al
No cuts

The Ballad of Davy Crockett performed by Henry and Sammy
No cuts

Ole Slew Foot By All Bears
Opening verse removed

Exit and We Hope That You’ll Be Comin’ Back Again
(Opening)
Henry: “And bear around to see us again”
(Song)
Several lines of “We Hope That You’ll Be Comin’ Back Again” removed including spoke dialogue like “We had such fun but don’t you cry” & “We just can’t bear to say goodbye”