D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
Early morning internet consensus:

TRON at MK is likely and will retheme Speedway as well.

Guardians at Epcot may or may not exist depending on who you ask.

Ratatouille seems to be the only project anyone agrees is happening regardless of if it is announced tomorrow or not.

Spoiler, pics from dress rehearsal:

Last edited:
Never mind the movie panel, I may not even get into the Expo at all as I screwed up pretty majorly.

May have to sit back and watch the results come in with everyone else unless I can get this fixed.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Maybe I'll come across some luck. I'm just wondering if it's even worth waiting for box office to open at 7 since they're sold out. Gut tells me hell no.

I'd give it a try - it's not like an Expo will have every ticket holder show up.

EDIT: don't suppose you have a Disney press contact you could call?

Reactions: Nick
If we are putting any t trust in the two most consistent insiders on Magic, they seem to indicate these as almost locks for WDW announcement:

Brazil
GotG
Rat
Gondola
Tron
Great Mickey
Edit to add: There was a hint just thrown out that the new spine for Epcot may also be thrown in
With one or two surprises

Marni said one that was to be announced has been pulled but when questioned that it was GotG he stated it was not a project as big as that

Rat is rumored for 2019 along with Mickey and Gotg Brazil 2020 or 2021

I hate speculation

Man, can we get to tomorrow yet?

What two insiders are you talking about? Martin and who else?

Whylightbulb (the most consistent), spirit and Martin are the main three I really listen to. Lee articos and magic feather are a tier down but still have some stuff. But outside of them, that's about it.

That mansion butler guy annoys me - he hasn't dropped a single source of info ever just parrots everything and wants so hard for people to think he has insider info instead of just being a super informed fan. What makes people pretend to be something for the adoration of strangers? It's sad and weird. But hey, some people think feet are sexy, so anything goes I guess.

What two insiders are you talking about? Martin and who else?

Whylightbulb (the most consistent), spirit and Martin are the main three I really listen to. Lee articos and magic feather are a tier down but still have some stuff. But outside of them, that's about it.

That mansion butler guy annoys me - he hasn't dropped a single source of info ever just parrots everything and wants so hard for people to think he has insider info instead of just being a super informed fan. What makes people pretend to be something for the adoration of strangers? It's sad and weird. But hey, some people think feet are sexy, so anything goes I guess.

I'm still scarred from marni and lee's insistence that the panels installed on the descent of SSE were going to one day be "turned on" as screens.

Edit:

We've talked about this panel covering more than just WDW... which is true.. but in the way they've set up certain stuff to disseminate the info as it rolls out is WDW, then DLR, then "other stuff." So WDW is taking a priority.

Wow....
That's the problem with these panels, they really need to just sell tickets ahead of time, so people aren't forced to wait in ridiculous all day lines just to get in.

If only they had a system designed for that.... OH WELL! ;)

As a reminder, we (Parkscope) are doing a live play-by-play during the panel giving our trademark scorching takes. Look for the link on Twitter.

The Live-Action panel starts now, and I'll be editing this post with all the latest details

• The panel is starting now, with a form of sizzle reel showcasing multiple films
  • Alan Horn has taken the stage
  • He thanks the fans for coming to the expo
  • The full slate has been unveiled, revealing that Dumbo and The Nutcracker will be officially released by 2019
  • Dumbo will release in March 2019
  • Sean Bailey has come on stage
  • A Wrinkle in Time is first up, with them now giving the guests a peak
  • Multiple Members of the cast are now up on stage, including Chris Pine; Oprah; Reese Witherspoon and more
  • The Director, Ava DuVernay was what precisely attracted Chris Pine to join on for the project
  • The story from the book will be updated to fit the film
  • The first trailer for "A Wrinkle in Time" has been unveiled
  • The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is up next
  • The new film will be Disney's take on the classic "The Nutcracker" storyline
  • The Film releases on November 2nd, 2018; taking over Mulan's spot
  • A teaser was shown, of the film seeming to be a mix of Narnia; Beauty and The Beast; and Fantasia
  • Lil Bick onstage, used as the reference for the rat king
  • Concept art being shown off
  • It has now transitioned to Mary Poppin's Returns
  • Takes place in the Great Depression, 20 years after the original
  • Dick Van Dyke to return to the film
  • Rob Marshall and Emily Blunt on-stage
  • Blunt mentions that they went a bit more in the direction of the book's for Poppin's personality for the sequel
  • Film is in Post Production now, but there is a clip being shown
  • The First Motion poster has been unveiled, revealing a new look for Poppins
  • Transitions to Aladdin, as Mena Massoud cast as lead character. Naomi Scott confirmed as Jasmine and Will Smith Confirmed as The Genie
  • Dumbo has begun production, Tim Burton sends his regards as the film begins principal Photography
  • Colin Farrell, Danny Devito, Eva Green, and Michael Keaton for Dumbo
  • Surprise Teaser Trailer for The Lion King is being shown off
  • Jon Faverau came on to talk about the film
  • And now it transitions to Star Wars
  • Nothing will be talked about for Han Solo, Kathleen Kennedy is in London with the film's reshoots
  • Transitioning to Last Jedi
  • Rian Johnson comes on stage, after words on Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher's performances
  • Cast of The Last Jedi, inlcuding Daisy; John; Benicio; Laura Dern and more come out
  • Hamil takes the stage
  • A new BTS Featurette for The Force Awakens is shown off
  • Marvel Studios takes the stage
  • Kevin Feige takes the stage
  • Josh Brolin comes on stage as Avengers: Infinity War news is coming
  • Brolin talks about the power his character has
  • A good remainder of the cast comes on stage
  • A teaser trailer is shown to D23 audiences, as Thor meets Guardians; and multiple characters are seen.
  • And it's over

Last edited: