Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
but this isnt just a simple little deadpool movie, this is a beginning of a new marvel era, a sort of rebirth, it might influence the marvel universe, and it was very badly written. badly structured.
thats literally the problem with these marvel projects, they are part of a whole, this is basically loki 3 but its written like a SNL skit (which is fine for comedy) but didnt do anything to grow the overall bigger story. if anything it hurts parts of the marvel universe.
yes it was funny, sure its a good time no alcohol required, sure it has awesome cameos... but its a very bad marvel project - plot wise.
Just going to have to disagree with almost everything that you said there and move on. They spent 5 minutes in 616. This was for all intents and purposes a self contained Deadpool & Wolverine film that had fox universe cameos and I don’t really see anything wrong with that. Doesn’t mean they won’t show up in Avengers or potentially crossover with Guardians or Thor at some point (I feel those two would be fairly natural crossovers if Marvel is willing to let a Guardians or Thor film go R for example).

The story isn’t going to win any awards but it’s also far from being poorly written.

Reactions: chris.g
but this isnt just a simple little deadpool movie, this is a beginning of a new marvel era, a sort of rebirth, it might influence the marvel universe, and it was very badly written. badly structured.
thats literally the problem with these marvel projects, they are part of a whole, this is basically loki 3 but its written like a SNL skit (which is fine for comedy) but didnt do anything to grow the overall bigger story. if anything it hurts parts of the marvel universe.
yes it was funny, sure its a good time no alcohol required, sure it has awesome cameos... but its a very bad marvel project - plot wise.

There are movie issues, and there are you issues.

This is a you issue.

Reactions: Nick
I am pretty sure Ryan has openly said this is a standalone film. He doesn’t care about connecting into anything with it.

This is just fun, and giving the fans what they’re wanted.

I am pretty sure Ryan has openly said this is a standalone film. He doesn’t care about connecting into anything with it.

This is just fun, and giving the fans what they’re wanted.
I'd actually wonder on this--because if Disney's smelling that smoke I wonder how long it'll take to convince Ryan, Hugh, and Levy to do one more film.

Odds are they could; there is two avenues they can push depending on what they'd want to do--and it doesn't even have to include Hugh for one of them.

I'd actually wonder on this--because if Disney's smelling that smoke I wonder how long it'll take to convince Ryan, Hugh, and Levy to do one more film.

Odds are they could; there is two avenues they can push depending on what they'd want to do--and it doesn't even have to include Hugh for one of them.

I’m sure Ryan will appear in a film. Unsure about Hugh though? But they definitely left the door open.

I’m sure Ryan will appear in a film. Unsure about Hugh though? But they definitely left the door open.
I have almost no doubt Ryan will be back as Deadpool, probably in Secret Wars at the very least. Hugh maybe in Secret Wars for one last time too, but this might’ve been it.

But also, Deadpool & Wolverine is making all of the money right now and will almost certainly be a billion dollar film. I find it hard to believe Disney doesn’t want to do it again at some point since the character is so beloved.

I enjoyed it!

What do you guys think of the clip of Thor holding a dying/injured(?) Deadpool? Think it's a real vision into a future movie or just random concept of what happened in another universe?

Reactions: saint.piss
I enjoyed it!

What do you guys think of the clip of Thor holding a dying/injured(?) Deadpool? Think it's a real vision into a future movie or just random concept of what happened in another universe?
Thought it was mostly just a joke, but will not at all be surprised to see it payed off in either let’s say Secret Wars or a Deadpool 4 down the line.

See--I think so long as Ryan can convince Hugh in it being a fun time that allows him to shoot the breeze (and to have a good payday); it won't be as much of an issue.

Secret Wars, more than probably; but I'd argue they could pull off another go with the two of them together depending on how they execute the plot. Plus as @Nick says; this film is a overnight success with how much financial benefitting is coming immediately with the film already earning over 200 million dollars.

Depending on circumstances, I genuinely wonder if a GOTG2 like turnaround could be viable where it gets fastened to a Summer/Fall 2027 window.

Had a super fun time with this today. Don't know if it's recency bias but it might be my favorite of the trilogy! I don't know if it's as funny as the first two as it leans more into the typical Marvel style of action adventure keep-it-moving pacing just with Deadpool providing commentary over the ongoings. Ryan and Hugh are tremendous and you can feel the friendship, appreciation and passion for their characters bleeding through the screen. Thought the easter eggs and cameos were handled very well and nothing felt forced. One cameo is objectively one of the funniest things you could do in this multiversal world.

No clue how this affects the MCU going forward outside of someone in the TVA wanting Wade for reasons but it was nice to see a one off be so entertaining!

See--I think so long as Ryan can convince Hugh in it being a fun time that allows him to shoot the breeze (and to have a good payday); it won't be as much of an issue.

Secret Wars, more than probably; but I'd argue they could pull off another go with the two of them together depending on how they execute the plot. Plus as @Nick says; this film is a overnight success with how much financial benefitting is coming immediately with the film already earning over 200 million dollars.

Depending on circumstances, I genuinely wonder if a GOTG2 like turnaround could be viable where it gets fastened to a Summer/Fall 2027 window.
I do kinda think a bit of a break between Deadpool films helps. If they just churn this character out continuously, the gag will get old. I say you wait until after Avengers and then do a Deadpool 4. Give it some time between films.

I think though there is one concept from the film that is introduced here that is unironically the biggest thing acknowledged so-far that connects not just to Fox Marvel, but all of the Marvel's (even including Sony's).

One of the things I think is important to bring up, is on the matter of "Anchors" in the universe. A major plot element throughout the film was to make the TVA potentially look into the value of "Anchor" individiuals. In the Fox Universe, it was Logan who died at the end of the Mangold film--but after the events of this one--the death of that "Anchor" has now been fixed in the current status of time.

When we look at Spider-Verse, Miles Morales is criticized albeit by Miguel as being "The Original Anomaly"; when in reality it wasn't his fault and was a byproduct of Spot and Octavia's experiments of the portal. When Miles became Spider-Man, he essentially took up the "Anchor" point that was left devoided when that universe's Peter died.

And currently--right now, it stands to wonder an important question of who was the "Anchor" of the MCU. Was it Iron Man or Captain America? Could be an interesting element to consider if they explore on the potential conflicts that could come if the Sacred Timeline was divided of that anchor.

I do kinda think a bit of a break between Deadpool films helps. If they just churn this character out continuously, the gag will get old. I say you wait until after Avengers and then do a Deadpool 4. Give it some time between films.

With the way things are--I think it should be fine. Avengers 5 and Avengers: Secret Wars doesn't really make sense to be as close to eachother; and I suspect Secret Wars is gonna get pushed to 2028 tonight. That'd give them enough time in-between that of the two films to allow a Spider-Man 4 and Deadpool 4 to fill in that area.

One of the things I think is important to bring up, is on the matter of "Anchors" in the universe. A major plot element throughout the film was to make the TVA potentially look into the value of "Anchor" individiuals. In the Fox Universe, it was Logan who died at the end of the Mangold film--but after the events of this one--the death of that "Anchor" has now been fixed in the current status of time.

When we look at Spider-Verse, Miles Morales is criticized albeit by Miguel as being "The Original Anomaly"; when in reality it wasn't his fault and was a byproduct of Spot and Octavia's experiments of the portal. When Miles became Spider-Man, he essentially took up the "Anchor" point that was left devoided when that universe's Peter died.

And currently--right now, it stands to wonder an important question of who was the "Anchor" of the MCU. Was it Iron Man or Captain America? Could be an interesting element to consider if they explore on the potential conflicts that could come if the Sacred Timeline was divided of that anchor.

With the way things are--I think it should be fine. Avengers 5 and Avengers: Secret Wars doesn't really make sense to be as close to eachother; and I suspect Secret Wars is gonna get pushed to 2028 tonight. That'd give them enough time in-between that of the two films to allow a Spider-Man 4 and Deadpool 4 to fill in that area.
Thor 5, Shang-Chi 2 and Doctor Strange 3 are also in play before the end of the saga tho. I just don’t necessarily see Deadpool 4 happening before the end of the saga. I see the character showing up, but not a movie.

Thor 5, Shang-Chi 2 and Doctor Strange 3 are also in play before the end of the saga tho. I just don’t necessarily see Deadpool 4 happening before the end of the saga. I see the character showing up, but not a movie.

I'd bring up also we don't know any of the films slated for 2026 (outside of Avengers 5), 2027, and 2028. And with the Russos potentially up to bat, I have to imagine Avengers 6 gets delayed so they can possibly focus on Avengers 5.

Though I guess that does raise a unique thought on what's being announced tonight.