Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Designing Islands of Adventure

Not sure if many have seen, but falling down the Youtube rabbit hole I've come across and Islands of Adventure promo video from 1999. Great early look at the park, including a rare look at the storyteller.

[video=youtube;9x36IJhBtJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x36IJhBtJY[/video]

This video is actually from 2000 (or later) because it has the Storm Force Accelerator and Flying Unicorn which were both added in 2000.

I'd guess this was one of those travel videos the local hotels run on a loop in the lobby trying to get people to visit while they were still trying to get people to understand IoA was something more than a new land at Universal Studios.

Last edited:
This video is actually from 2000 (or later) because it has the Storm Force Accelerator and Flying Unicorn which were both added in 2000.

I'd guess this was one of those travel videos the local hotels run on a loop in the lobby trying to get people to visit while they were still trying to get people to understand IoA was something more than a new land at Universal Studios.

I have it on VHS...I actually bought that and the IOA soundtrack at the park

I really wish I would have bought the soundtrack and movie when IOA first opened, unfortunately I didn't have the disposable income and wasn't as much of a theme park nerd as I am now.

BTW does anybody have the video they currently play in the hotel rooms on that special channel? I'd be very grateful if so

That video is terrible and quickly becoming more and more outdated. They really need to redo it and bring in Stephanie to showcase it

I was too little to want a soundtrack when it came out. shame too because it's getting obnoxous to find a cheap one nowadays. Also no stephane please? thank you