Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Out of curiosity, is there any thematic explanation for why this ride is in Hollywood land? I’ve already given up on trying to explain shrek but i’m holding out hope for this one...

Wonder if they’re gonna cut out the preshow where Gru complains about us “bringing in human germs” and pointing out someone specially in the crowd who’s gross. Just thought about that the other day I could be mistaken but I remember this from last September I believe lol. It’s something along those lines

Wonder if they’re gonna cut out the preshow where Gru complains about us “bringing in human germs” and pointing out someone specially in the crowd who’s gross. Just thought about that the other day I could be mistaken but I remember this from last September I believe lol. It’s something along those lines
They would have to make some new animation, or find a way to redirect our attention away from the screen so the cut in the footage isn't noticeable.

It's been a little while, but did it specifically mention "germs"? Or was it the line about sweaty tourists going back directly to the pool at their hotel instead of showering?

It's been a little while, but did it specifically mention "germs"? Or was it the line about sweaty tourists going back directly to the pool at their hotel instead of showering?
I remember the oreshow being something like “I need to scan you all, because I cannot let human germs into my lab.”

Which I understand it may sound like an overreaction to cutting something like this, but we might literally be getting body scanned before going in, or some sort of testing before. Idk I either see it killing as a parody type joke or if it won’t play well with guests at all.

And to be really technically, unlike bacteria, scientists don't believe virus as a form of life. The best explanation they have is its on the edge of life, but not alive in the sense we consider life.

Reactions: Disneyhead
With maybe the store possibly opening up in citywalk, do you think they could use the area that is currently the Universal store for a Minions expansion? There is enough area for a playland or a sit-down restaurant themed to minions or villains. Maybe both.

Super silly fun land in Hollywood uses about 40, 656 square feet, including the store, rides, games, the despicable delights food stand, and gru's lab cafe. If you rework the locker and restroom area at the exit of Universal Studios Florida, you have about 45,121 square feet to make a little minion area. That number is already excluding a good enough area for people to exit the park.

We already have the Despicable me store so an eatery and play area may work. The rip ride coaster in the background would not look too out of place if they go with a similar super silly fun land. If they go with a restaurant, I would love if they have the exterior walls be game stands, especially one for space killer.

If I was at all involved with Universal Creative, I would build the store at citywalk and have it open in 2021. Close the universal store at the end of 2021. Begin working on an expansion for minions and even maybe rework the exit to the turnstiles on the right side of the entrance. Build this restaurant or small playland and have it done by early 2023. Maybe add the series of white houses to the exterior of the despicable me building.

Even though this is hard for me to say, I would close down monsters cafe reuse that area for a SLOP redo. The Slop in Hollywood is bout 24,993 square feet, and the monster's cafe area in UNiversal is about 31,690 square feet with it abut to the Transformers building. There is enough room, but the shape of the building would have to be reworked. I just like the idea of the exterior used at Hollywood to be next to that central park area and would go so well with the New York area.

I would then, later on, redo Shrek to the concept they were working on with villain con. I would also rework the entrance so that you would enter behind Today Cafe through the covered bathroom area. You would then have to choose to go left toward Today Cafe entrance and walk under an Illumination sign into this area or go right to Hollywood. Of course, they would have to rework this area to make it big enough for crowds.

Problems with this would be the crowd control by the exit as they build the minion playland area, and also it would make more sense just to redo the Monster's cafe to a minion cafe.

Sorry for the long post. This is just what I would hope for in the future. IF they even just give a proper area for minions, one of their most profitable franchises, I would be happy.

With maybe the store possibly opening up in citywalk, do you think they could use the area that is currently the Universal store for a Minions expansion? There is enough area for a playland or a sit-down restaurant themed to minions or villains. Maybe both.

Super silly fun land in Hollywood uses about 40, 656 square feet, including the store, rides, games, the despicable delights food stand, and gru's lab cafe. If you rework the locker and restroom area at the exit of Universal Studios Florida, you have about 45,121 square feet to make a little minion area. That number is already excluding a good enough area for people to exit the park.

We already have the Despicable me store so an eatery and play area may work. The rip ride coaster in the background would not look too out of place if they go with a similar super silly fun land. If they go with a restaurant, I would love if they have the exterior walls be game stands, especially one for space killer.

If I was at all involved with Universal Creative, I would build the store at citywalk and have it open in 2021. Close the universal store at the end of 2021. Begin working on an expansion for minions and even maybe rework the exit to the turnstiles on the right side of the entrance. Build this restaurant or small playland and have it done by early 2023. Maybe add the series of white houses to the exterior of the despicable me building.

Even though this is hard for me to say, I would close down monsters cafe reuse that area for a SLOP redo. The Slop in Hollywood is bout 24,993 square feet, and the monster's cafe area in UNiversal is about 31,690 square feet with it abut to the Transformers building. There is enough room, but the shape of the building would have to be reworked. I just like the idea of the exterior used at Hollywood to be next to that central park area and would go so well with the New York area.

I would then, later on, redo Shrek to the concept they were working on with villain con. I would also rework the entrance so that you would enter behind Today Cafe through the covered bathroom area. You would then have to choose to go left toward Today Cafe entrance and walk under an Illumination sign into this area or go right to Hollywood. Of course, they would have to rework this area to make it big enough for crowds.

Problems with this would be the crowd control by the exit as they build the minion playland area, and also it would make more sense just to redo the Monster's cafe to a minion cafe.

Sorry for the long post. This is just what I would hope for in the future. IF they even just give a proper area for minions, one of their most profitable franchises, I would be happy.

Im sorry but what does the CityWalk store have to do with Minions expansion?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Im sorry but what does the CityWalk store have to do with Minions expansion?
I think what he's saying is that with the potential CityWalk Uni Store expansion, they could decide that the main Universal Store in Studios is unnecessary and demo it to build a Minions Playplace/Diner right in front of the entrance for DM:MM.

I don't think it's all too likely to happen, I assume that existing Universal Store makes quite a bit of revenue with it's placement and all. I've never heard the RRR Silly Fun Land overlay idea though!