Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal does own the rights to Madagascar, along with all the other DreamWorks films.

No.... The only movie they distributed was Shrek. Every other DreamWorks film was distributed by Paramount. They don't own the rights, but own the right to use through DreamWorks. However, since DreamWorks and Disney teamed up, I doubt you'll see anything else from them.

Me or my 4 year old daughter really didn't care for the movie, nor did I think this movie was popular enough to base a theme park attraction off of.

Not liking the movie is one thing, everyone is entitled to that opinion, but to say it "wasn't popular enough" is crazy. It was one of the top films of 2010, and everyone was obsessed with Minions and Agnes (It's so Fluffy) during it's release.

I'm all for the ride, but if the same track system is being used its just a waste. Are they 100% using the soarin track system?

I have not watched the movie yet but have heard positive reviews. While I enjoyed the JN ride (love the chicken dance part), it's always nice to have something new at the parks. The area after the ride exit and before the gift shop is large enough for them to do something fun. The current meet with SpongeBob and the triva games are in need of an upgrade IMO.

I'm still not particularly thrilled about this attraction. Me or my 4 year old daughter really didn't care for the movie, nor did I think this movie was popular enough to base a theme park attraction off of. But for Universal, it makes sense. They own the rights to Despicable Me, so obviously for them it's financially easier to base an attraction on one of their own movies, then spend the money trying to obtain the rights to another movie franchise like Ice Age or Madagascar, both of which I would have prefered over DM. But I can't judge until I've actually experienced it. We'll see.

I think Ice Age and Madagascar have kinda ended their runs in terms of popularity. It'd be like putting in Shrek at this point. It has already run it's course in the public's eye.

I think Ice Age and Madagascar have kinda ended their runs in terms of popularity. It'd be like putting in Shrek at this point. It has already run it's course in the public's eye.

Yet Universal continues to advertise Shrek 4-D more than any other ride at the Studios. Shrek is here to stay for a long time but Ice Age and Madagascar are done. Although Despicable Me was popular I'm not sure how many families will run out to it. It was a hit but I don't think it is enough to sway parents with young kids away from Disney. The fantasyland expansion easily wins families in 2012.

Disney is spending nearly 200 million or so on the Fantasyland expansion. Universal just played that game with Potter. This is a great bonus that they are going to throw probably between 10 and 20 million(likely the smaller end of that by far) at and get the benefits of popular merchandise and movie synergy for future year(s)

Also, it will be something they can put up as new to kick off the busy summer season this time next year, while other parks won't have much in that department.

No, it's staying with the old Neutron ride system.

Not meaning to question, just curious but where was this stated as I didn't see it? Unless if it has been stated and I'm being blind all they confirmed was new screens/3D - which could use a different ride system. :shrug:

The Orlando Sentinel article claims that it'll be the same ride vehicle and we will have those minion glasses.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...spicable-me-new-ride-20110519,0,1898912.story

Not meaning to question, just curious but where was this stated as I didn't see it? Unless if it has been stated and I'm being blind all they confirmed was new screens/3D - which could use a different ride system. :shrug:
The above quote/link basically states it. There may be some minor changes but not many by the sound of it.

just watched the movie for the first time. im excited about what they could do with it. then my excitement goes away when i realize its the same simulator type ride.

Disappointed about them using the same ride system, but I love Despicable Me so I'll give it a try.

That's always been my least favorite simulator system. I feel more like I'm sitting in a movie theater as opposed to a ride.