Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really liked this ride and I really liked that this is going to be more of a timeless attraction and can function on it's own even after the 2nd movie comes out since you're literally becoming a Minion. Reminded me how much I hate Shrek and how happy I was that it doesn't have the same pit fall.

Went on this ride last week. Loved it. The story is great and the entire ride is hilarious through and through. The Minions are my favorite part of the movie and so glad they take front stage in this attraction. The lines at DM have been crazy as it is packed every time I see it. This has to be considered a rousing success for UO.

It was still holding at 60 mins well into the night yesterday.

I heard the wait time today was exceeding 80 minutes. :confused:

I have seen a 90 minute wait. There are definitively more people visiting USF, but I don't know by how large a margin. I remember a few months back when Rockit was at a consistent 45+ minute wait, whereas now it doesn't break 15 minutes. It looks like the wait times have just mitigated to DM from other rides, not necessarily brought new people in.

However, MIB and Simpsons were both at 45 minutes today.

Not saying the ride isn't popular, but it's right at the front of the park and has horrible capacity :lol:

But people obviously like it a lot more than Neutron.

Not saying the ride isn't popular, but it's right at the front of the park and has horrible capacity :lol:

But people obviously like it a lot more than Neutron.

This is especially true, admittedly. My mother has the Undercover Tourist app on her phone, and though DM has not been added yet, she constantly comments that everyone must be there when she reads the wait times. I have to remind her of what you just said every time she comments. :lol:

This is especially true, admittedly. My mother has the Undercover Tourist app on her phone, and though DM has not been added yet, she constantly comments that everyone must be there when she reads the wait times. I have to remind her of what you just said every time she comments. :lol:

It's so funny comparing USF wait times to IoA wait times, and realizing how different they will be in just a few years.

Every time I've gone on it so far the wait time has been over 70 minutes and the express line is all the way out in the street. It's definitely popular, and I can see why. I love the movie and the ride is way better than Jimmy ever was :smiley:

The express has a lot to do with the wait, I believe. I was there in June before express opened and it hovered between 45-65 minutes most of the day.

@DesigningFear has posted that filming of some sort took place in front of DM:MM earlier today.

Despicable Me is a hot set today.. looks like there filming a commercial

ibwgCKI55UKrkl.jpg

I was wondering when more advertising was going to start… I haven't seen anything about it. It will be nice to add more than Potter (not that I don't love that he's the marketing centerpiece, I really do) to the commercials.

I've also seen the DM advertisement frequently. It tends to air more on NBC networks (obviously) as well as several children's networks.