Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My Despicable Me Review...

Alright to keep this short I'm going to do some short talking points and just do a general how I felt about the ride review...Overall the attraction gets a 8.5/10 for me (Spiderman and FJ are 10's)

What I Liked---
The queue seemed a lot easier to stand in, and felt better themed, whereas Jimmy was just bare walls and you watching outdated Nickelodeon shows. Plus I love the facade!

The 1st room's (the living room) interior is beautiful and honestly one of the best themed pre-show rooms around

The 2nd room's (the lab) interior is also very well done...honestly one of the funniest and most entertaining pre-shows in the park I believe, lots of special effects to make it unique..the screen sharpness was also fantastic

Banana!

The screen has deffinitely been widened and heightened (Jimmy's was obnoxiously small)

The movement is very fluid, but still feels very realistic to what is happening on screen

The minions are heavily featured in the ride film which was an excellent decision

The sharpness of the projectors and the 3-D looked fantastic

The addition of some lighting effects as well as the wind effects added a whole lot in my opinion

Honestly the ending to the ride is very adorable while most attractions end with you saving the day or escaping within an inch of your life, this ended with a heartfelt send off which was honestly the best ending to a ride I've seen in a while..

The dance party was a very neat idea

What I Didn't Like ----

The queue is still mostly outside and while not unbearably hot, it is still outside

The transitions from pre-show to ride and from ride to exit were very awkward without music or anything, not the type of awkward where people don't notice either..after such a strong ride ending they need to at least play boogie fever at the end or something..

The dance party could be a little bit louder, but that isn't really a huge deal

Overall this is a re-ridable, welcomed addition to Universal, if this is what we have to look forward to with the rumored Kidzone expansion, then I am excited!

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed at all with the picture quality on the ride film? I'm not sure why but following the incredible quality of the animation in the pre-shows, the ride film felt pretty flat and didn't even seem like true HD. Spider-man's quality is much better.

Your the first person I think that was not impressed with the picture quality. DMMM uses the same infitec projectors and the screen is not even 4 months old. Did you possibly have bad glasses? Have you been on it more than once, and if so has it always been like this for you?

Now that's more my wait time. Yes is was 8:15 an the park closed at 8:30 but heyy oh well LOL

photo4.jpg

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed at all with the picture quality on the ride film? I'm not sure why but following the incredible quality of the animation in the pre-shows, the ride film felt pretty flat and didn't even seem like true HD. Spider-man's quality is much better.

Spiderman is better, but hey, it's way better than most 3D films in Orlando... and non 3D films (looking at you, domes in FJ...)

Your the first person I think that was not impressed with the picture quality. DMMM uses the same infitec projectors and the screen is not even 4 months old. Did you possibly have bad glasses? Have you been on it more than once, and if so has it always been like this for you?

My best friend said the same thing and we rode it more than once. It looked best from the back row but the closer we rode, the more disappointing the quality was. Love the ride film, love the pre-shows, but sadly we weren't blown away by the image here.

My best friend said the same thing and we rode it more than once. It looked best from the back row but the closer we rode, the more disappointing the quality was. Love the ride film, love the pre-shows, but sadly we weren't blown away by the image here.

After riding this ride, I think the Simpsons ride looked bad. Especially with the dome screens. :saw:

I had noticed that the picture quality wasn't all that grand on my 6+ rides, but that was during softs. I'd be very sad to know that this was not improved for regular operation. I'll have to see in September. Although, I'll point out that during my experiences, for the majority of the ride film, it wasn't that bad. The quality went down considerably during the final portion of the ride film, during the "party."

Finally got to ride this last weekend and it was pretty good. Loved the theming and I thought the picture quality was very good. We rode in the last row. The preshow rooms were outstanding, really nicely done! The ride vehicles are mainly the same as Neutron but were much smoother. I miss the chicken dance ending and wish they could have done some kind of dance ending with the ride but as my wife stated she definitely does not miss the "bouncing" of the chicken dance ending!

Orlando Informer just reported that the ride's Single Rider Entrance has been activated.

Yeah it works pretty seamlessly. You literally walk on on the outer row where glasses pick up is, get glasses, and wait until there's an opening for one. It was under a 5 minute wait. Don't know if this is going to be a permanent thing seeing as though the door was just open with that sign saying singles. No queue really.

Last edited:
When I went on it for the first time yesterday the posted wait time was 15 mins (It was only a few minutes after the park had opened). I only got to ride it once, but I've got to say it really impressed me. The 3D is great, and it feels like you are really there. It's WAAAAAY better than Neutron. I would actually compare it to Hannah-Barbara because the zaniness and chaos (also very cartoony, loved it) of the ride reminds me of HB, except I feel that DM actually is a bit better. Definitely a fun ride, and when the wait times eventually do slow I'll be riding this baby multiple times. FINAL RATING: 8.5/10

Last edited:
I definitely hope the single riders line is opened somewhat frequently. I haven't been on the ride in forever and the opening of a single riders line will definitely pull me back.

Got to go on for the first time yesterday and I loved it! The pre show room was great and the ride itself was awesome. The best part though, the wait was 70 min but I practically walked right on thanks to the single riders line.

Didn't want to make a new thread to ask this so figured I would ask here, I'm visiting Universal this Saturday, can anyone tell me what kind of wait time should I expect for DE:MM. Would it be best to visit it first thing, or will it be ok to hit it up in the middle of the day and not wait too long?