Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can almost guarantee you we won't see the existing dry ball pit "arena" as a part of SSFL, it's way too big....it alone is probably the size of SSFL.
From looking at Google Maps, the entire Curious George play area can fit where the former Coke Soak was.

6672792_169863112_10750697.jpg

Reactions: BehindTheTheme
From looking at Google Maps, the entire Curious George play area can fit where the former Coke Soak was.

6672792_169863112_10750697.jpg
That was my initial guess. That they will move Curious George there and just retheme it. Much was discussed in the forum of what can/can't be done in that part of the park. Apparently that area is more sound than many initially thought. I said there was space to put a small ride there, and many said that the area wouldn't be able to hold it, Apparently it does and it will. A lot still in the air, but lets hope for the best. But a soak zone is greatly needed. In the summer even I go in to get soaked. 

That was my initial guess. That they will move Curious George there and just retheme it. Much was discussed in the forum of what can/can't be done in that part of the park. Apparently that area is more sound than many initially thought. I said there was space to put a small ride there, and many said that the area wouldn't be able to hold it, Apparently it does and it will. A lot still in the air, but lets hope for the best. But a soak zone is greatly needed. In the summer even I go in to get soaked.
Oh shoot, the photo isn't showing.

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/3z5wi/x189

Last edited:
Do we think they're really going to move Curious George over like that?

That may be the next logical step, but I really don't think that's going to be the case.

Yup, same photos! Sorry, been swamped with work and getting on my PC to upload hasn't been easy :(

I still will definitely post a trip report, had an interesting day and some good pics.

But yeah, there is more progress on the center area. Is that the start of Gru's house or what...?

I think the right part of it with the rectangular structure jutting out could be the start of Gru's house (as that's really the only logical explanation for where it could go), but I may be wrong. I'm still wondering what that whole center area is about. Will our version of Gru's house be slightly larger?

I was thinking about this a while ago... Anyone else thinking Universal may be saving the opening of Minion Mayhem and the rest of the Despicable Me area for the 50th anniversary next year? Or has this already been discussed? Forgive me if it has!

I was thinking about this a while ago... Anyone else thinking Universal may be saving the opening of Minion Mayhem and the rest of the Despicable Me area for the 50th anniversary next year? Or has this already been discussed? Forgive me if it has!
I'm hoping they do something for the park's 50th, but I'm not holding my breath. If they are holding back Minion for that purpose, I'd be surprised.

USH has been horrible about celebrating anniversaries and notable dates. Considering the amount of AP members and locals and growing fan community, Universal would be smart to start celebrating anniversaries and to follow Disney's lead and have similar events and offerings like Limited Time Magic.

I'm hoping they do something for the park's 50th, but I'm not holding my breath. If they are holding back Minion for that purpose, I'd be surprised.
Same here, I want them to do something big. Sadly, I don't think that will happen. :/ Then again, unlike Disney, Universal tries to be secretive sometimes. Hopefully they're brewing up something.

The 50th is the only excuse I can come up with for why Minion Mayhem won't open until next year. I haven't been on the ride in Orlando and I understand we're getting more things, but should it really be taking them this long for this?

I've been thinking, while looking at the construction; It looks like the first preshow room (In Gru;s living room) will be immediately after the facade, to make it feel like you literally are in Gru's house. I think that will be under the rectangular room that's immediately after where the facade will go. The second preshow, I would imagine is going to go where the original T2 preshow was. I'm not sure what's going in the structure after the first one in front of the facade.