Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been thinking, while looking at the construction; It looks like the first preshow room (In Gru;s living room) will be immediately after the facade, to make it feel like you literally are in Gru's house. I think that will be under the rectangular room that's immediately after where the facade will go. The second preshow, I would imagine is going to go where the original T2 preshow was. I'm not sure what's going in the structure after the first one in front of the facade.
There's an issue: the first preshow is supposed to transition you from Gru's living room to his secret laboratory. Having his living room right at the beginning of the queue wouldn't really make sense, unless they had a large extended queue that led through the entrance to his house (which I don't think they'd do since many guests will want photos in front of his house without a line going through it).

I sure hope so. I just saw DM 1 at home, I can see some elements going into the better version of DM: MM.

DM 2 is awesome just as good as the first. Im kinda hoping for some of the 2nd movie to make it into the ride film or que to make it more current and fresh(not a copy attraction that is 2 years old at another park) I can see them really using part 2 for our attraction.

DM 2 is awesome just as good as the first. Im kinda hoping for some of the 2nd movie to make it into the ride film or que to make it more current and fresh(not a copy attraction that is 2 years old at another park) I can see them really using part 2 for our attraction.
I noticed a slight issue after watching Despicable Me 2.. Minion Mayhem is supposed to be a timeless attraction where it doesn't matter which movie you just watched (the first or the second) - it'll still make sense. If you've seen DM2, you'll understand why some of it may not make sense now.. I don't want to spoil the ending if you haven't seen it yet (though it's somewhat predictable), but this is starting to seem sort of like a Shrek 4D situation - the new movie(s) are making the attraction less timeless, which is an issue. With the introduction of certain characters in the second film, it just doesn't make sense that they aren't seen anywhere in the attraction whatsoever.

Yeah, I guess that's a good point.

I personally think we won't get concept art at all. I could be wrong, but I feel like they'd be comfortable leaving us with the descriptions they've given us so far. Maybe we'll get more details as we near 2014, but I'm skeptical about us getting any visuals.

I noticed a slight issue after watching Despicable Me 2.. Minion Mayhem is supposed to be a timeless attraction where it doesn't matter which movie you just watched (the first or the second) - it'll still make sense. If you've seen DM2, you'll understand why some of it may not make sense now.. I don't want to spoil the ending if you haven't seen it yet (though it's somewhat predictable), but this is starting to seem sort of like a Shrek 4D situation - the new movie(s) are making the attraction less timeless, which is an issue. With the introduction of certain characters in the second film, it just doesn't make sense that they aren't seen anywhere in the attraction whatsoever.
This is why i hope our attraction gets new scenes  aso as to not feel old and dated before it even opens.

Ya never know. Universal Orlando released concept art for Springfield just a few weeks before its targeted opening.
Universal Orlando currently works very differently than Hollywood. They were half-completed with Transformers before they announced it, where as Hollywood's was announced 4 YEARS before it opened. Same with Potter in Orlando, construction started immediatly after it was announced. We're still waiting for any sign of construction and ours was announced 2 years ago.

Compared to Terminator 2:3D? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why i hope our attraction gets new scenes  aso as to not feel old and dated before it even opens.
Eh, very doubtful. If it has new scenes in it, it wouldn't really be the same attraction - the idea of us getting the minions over here is that it's the exact same attraction, along with new additions such as SSFL.

i think we just wait till next year as another movie will come from universal. and it's called Minion Mayhem.
Last I checked, it's just called "Minions". It's too confusing having a theme park attraction and a film of the exact same name. Haha.

Eh, very doubtful. If it has new scenes in it, it wouldn't really be the same attraction - the idea of us getting the minions over here is that it's the exact same attraction, along with new additions such as SSFL.

Last I checked, it's just called "Minions". It's too confusing having a theme park attraction and a film of the exact same name. Haha.
hmm... well from the credit's of despicable me 2 it did had the minions auditioning for the new Minion's film for next year.

Yup. The Minion's Movie is official. Universal hopes to release it on Dec. 19th, 2014.

Looking at that curved facade, it looks like it's integrated in the actual building. I'm not sure if they're willing to take those curvatures off (I hope so), but it doesn't seem like a project that would be easy to pull off.

The silver curved facade that is on the left of the building, directly above the old T2 interior queue entrance, looks like it's just that: a facade/design element. Pretty sure that's what it is looking at Google maps and Bing maps. So I hope they remove it!

Isn't Gru's home facade small in Florida?

Man, I didn't even think of this until looking at these photos - Gru's house is gonna be huge!
Yeah, I like seeing big building/facades, it makes me immersed. Do you think there is going to be any more theming to DM beyond Super Silly Fun Land? Doesn't include facade of building.