Diagon Alley Photos & Reviews | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley Photos & Reviews

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Very cool slowmo! That almost appears to be a blast of CO2 at the end.

As pointless as I have always found the idea of the dragon, I must say I am shocked it has turned out to be such a photo moment for everyone present. I didn't foresee that.

The photos and videos really don't do it justice, I think everyone keeps trying to capture that moment and you really can't. There's the excitement of the crowd, the heat from the flame and the sound and those things just don't really come across as strong as they are when your there.

rotcav;378445 Behind the Thrills used my photograph on their opening day attraction tips blog post found here! [url said:
http://behindthethrills.com/2014/07/universal-orlando-announces-grand-opening-details-for-diagon-alley-at-universal-studios-florida/[/url]
I hope they paid you for that! That's too good a shot to be given away for free.

Close but not fully...Immersive yes but they still haven't gotten the food and merch part down that Harry Potter has.

Ah, thanks for the input. I only have forum reviews to influence my awareness. The cone themed foods and foam topped beverages that are included in trip reports gave me that impression.

Close but not fully...Immersive yes but they still haven't gotten the food and merch part down that Harry Potter has.
I thought they did a good job with the food considering that there were no food items mentioned in the movie. I like Flo's. And the Cozy Cone is solid for what it is. But the merchandise was really disappointing.

Brilliant photos. The irony of that Cars Land phone case...

Yeah, I thought it was funny. I saw the guy taking a photo and noticed the case, so I asked him to act like he was taking another photo so I could get the shot. I only did it because a friend came back after the employee preview and said Cars Land is the only other area to hold a candle to Wizarding World. So I wanted to send him that photo and we could laugh or whatever.

The other part of me always thinks it's ridiculous when people show up wearing/displaying merchandise for a competing theme park. Like Brazilian tour guides at Universal directing people with Mickey Mouse hands. YOU LIKE MICKEY SO MUCH THEN GO BACK TO DISNEY is what I think in my head.

Ehh..most people are on vacation and are excited to wear their new tshirts or try out their new toys. loosen up a little.

The other part of me always thinks it's ridiculous when people show up wearing/displaying merchandise for a competing theme park. Like Brazilian tour guides at Universal directing people with Mickey Mouse hands. YOU LIKE MICKEY SO MUCH THEN GO BACK TO DISNEY is what I think in my head.

I'll admit that annoys me as well, though I do get a kick out of people wearing Universal things at Disney...and I would be lying if I said I didn't purposely wear a Universal shirt to Disney. Childish? Sure. Amusing to me? Definitely.

[video=youtube_share;gqG5YaF6dvU]http://youtu.be/gqG5YaF6dvU[/video]

This makes me happy - they incorporated Leaving Hogwarts in what is arguably the perfect moment for that score. Can't wait to experience it all for myself! Hoping to go in a couple of weeks - maybe next week or the following.

Last edited:
Have no issues with guests wearing whatever they want at either park. I mean I am one of those people that pick the first shirt out of the closet and put it on. If it has Mickey on it and I am going to Uni, so be it.