Diagon Alley Photos & Reviews | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley Photos & Reviews

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One thing I've noticed or maybe possibly imagined, it seems to me that when your in Diagon Alley in the evening the place feels significantly cooler than the rest of the park. The height of the walls seems to block most areas from direct sunlight. The air-conditioning also seems to flow out of the shops and Knocturne Alley and really has nowhere to go and seems to linger in the area. Maybe it was the particular times I visited but something I noticed, in any case a very nice unintended benefit of the area.

One thing I've noticed or maybe possibly imagined, it seems to me that when your in Diagon Alley in the evening the place feels significantly cooler than the rest of the park. The height of the walls seems to block most areas from direct sunlight. The air-conditioning also seems to flow out of the shops and Knocturne Alley and really has nowhere to go and seems to linger in the area. Maybe it was the particular times I visited but something I noticed, in any case a very nice unintended benefit of the area.

It was like that for me as well. I left the area on Grand Opening day around 2 PM and took the train to Hogsmeade. As we left the area and walked through the rest of IOA, it was an insane difference.

It may have been an intended benefit.

I wear my Kennywood hat to all the parks!

I have a Kennywood T-shirt that is at least 16 or 17 years old, and we'll be there on August 30! It was my hometown park too!

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed that on both of my visits as well, and in fact, last Saturday when it was raining, I actually wore my HHN zombie-face hoodie.

My Knockturn Alley video. Not including Borgin and Burkes.

[video=youtube;8DHxN_DdJIg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DHxN_DdJIg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I figured as much but I wasn't sure how they go about it - is it a DVD bought, some sort of lenticular, or a mix of mediums with some sort o digital video frame?

It's just a DVD, for an extra $10 you get a keepsake tin box.
You'll have to buy your own digital frame/video player at home....

And Borgin and Burkes footage is now live.

[video=youtube;-d7yM0ekf-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d7yM0ekf-U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I really cannot control myself. I watch everything. spoiled everything.... :rant:

I can't either and we've only go 56 days to go! I usually stop about half way through the vids.:doh: I refuse to watch any Gringotts ride footage because I want that to be a total surprise.

56 days.....ugh.

The grand opening was pretty incredible. Luckily I only waited 2 hours for Gringotts, and Mark Woodbury was standing by at the exit looking at people's reactions. It was pretty great being able to shake his hand and tell him how earth-shatteringly amazing it was.

What are these units lined up along the Grimmauld berm? I thought they were for the GO but they are still there? Are they lighting rigs?

per https://twitter.com/TouringPlans

BswdcFoCMAAKiFE.jpg

They're super powerful too, when I walked by there was only 2 going and that made a pretty significant difference. Guy in front of us had his hat blow off his head.