Director James Gunn under fire for offensive tweets [Update: Fired] | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Director James Gunn under fire for offensive tweets [Update: Fired]

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a way to publicly (and strongly) support James Gunn while still remaining professional.

I don't think Bautista is riding that line very well.

Batista isn't a particularly professional individual, never has been going back decades, but that's his prerogative. His professionalism has no bearing on his rightness or wrongness.

Reactions: Clive
I just don't think repeatedly sticking a finger in the eye of your employer is a particularly good look. If he's that upset, he should firmly commit to sitting out the movie, or should direct his representation to find a way to get him out of his contract. This whole "I hate Disney, now, but I'll still work for them... maybe" thing just seems tacky as hell.

To me! I'm just one person, obviously.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I just don't think repeatedly sticking a finger in the eye of your employer is a particularly good look. If he's that upset, he should firmly commit to sitting out the movie, or should direct his representation to find a way to get him out of his contract. This whole "I hate Disney, now, but I'll still work for them... maybe" thing just seems tacky as hell.

I have to say it's about time someone with some pull did stick a thumb in Disney's eye.

He was. Wrestling made him a very wealthy man, and he was smart with his money.

Huh, that’s interesting. You usually don’t hear of most wrestlers being able to maintain their wealth beyond retirement.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Bautista took the evolutionary step into acting and he’s had the acting chops and a great agent to do very well for himself.

Hopefully, his loyalty doesn’t become his downfall. Gunn seems to be over it and I don’t think there’s very much else to be said or done about the situation until a new director is found.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Huh, that’s interesting. You usually don’t hear of most wrestlers being able to maintain their wealth beyond retirement.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Bautista took the evolutionary step into acting and he’s had the acting chops and a great agent to do very well for himself.

Hopefully, his loyalty doesn’t become his downfall. Gunn seems to be over it and I don’t think there’s very much else to be said or done about the situation until a new director is found.

The only thing I care about is what this does to the MCU.

Reactions: Scott W.
The only thing I care about is what this does to the MCU.

This is the most crucial point. With all the stories becoming so intertwined with one another, delaying this could have a ripple effect to the other films.

I don’t see an issue with Gunn’s script being used. I could see him being brought back as an adviser or producer.

This is the most crucial point. With all the stories becoming so intertwined with one another, delaying this could have a ripple effect to the other films.

I don’t see an issue with Gunn’s script being used. I could see him being brought back as an adviser or producer.
The issue with Gunn’s script could be that it could become unusable if too much time goes by and the movie is still not made as it would throw off the MCU timeline.

I'd rather have what Bautista is doing than some lame, milquetoast boring response. Good on Dave for sticking up for what he believes in.

didnt Edward Norton lose the hulk role for being difficult? was that just a rumor?
Ive been checking the reaction to his comments and it still seems mostly negative. people are paranoid that Bautista will keep spoiling the future movies. i dont know what he already spoiled, but there were people asking him to chill out

didnt Edward Norton lose the hulk role for being difficult? was that just a rumor?
Ive been checking the reaction to his comments and it still seems mostly negative. people are paranoid that Bautista will keep spoiling the future movies. i dont know what he already spoiled, but there were people asking him to chill out

Norton was a problem on set. Little different.

This is what Bautista does. He pulls no punches in interviews and isn’t afraid to bash his employer. I’m not sure what his intent is. He may be trying to get fired from Guardians 3. Or he’s just speaking his mind and voicing his frustration.

He’s openly bashed WWE and it’s PG product in the past. Then before you know it he’s back there working for them. the next year. Money talks. None of this is surprising to me.

This is what Bautista does. He pulls no punches in interviews and isn’t afraid to bash his employer. I’m not sure what his intent is. He may be trying to get fired from Guardians 3. Or he’s just speaking his mind and voicing his frustration.

He’s openly bashed WWE and it’s PG product in the past. Then before you know it he’s back there working for them. the next year. Money talks. None of this is surprising to me.

i wonder if this is the case, and why do it this way

To get Disney to break the contract. That's better for him than if he breaks the contract.

There is also a rumor that after Disney closes on the FOX deal, they will revisit the Gunn issue.

i think this might be the most clear answer, I didnt know it was better if they cut the contract. imean it sounds obvious, but i didnt think about it this way
i didnt think there was a difference

hopefully that quiets down the drama

So what he did was horrible enough to fire him from directing, but it's ok to have his script? That makes no sense.

I hope they don't hear about some of Sarah Silverman's past jokes before Wreck-It Ralph 2 is released.

So what he did was horrible enough to fire him from directing, but it's ok to have his script? That makes no sense.

I hope they don't hear about some of Sarah Silverman's past jokes before Wreck-It Ralph 2 is released.

are we gonna erase guardians 1 and 2 from existence? are we gonna erase him from behind the scenes footage or interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.