Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Annual Pass Struture and Pricing Change

Don't price increases normally happen at the beginning of the year? This was two for Disney this year. I wouldn't expect that now increases would happen at the end of the year, so I agree I expect some kind of increase of all their tickets (not just AP) to happen when it normally does.

But some of the passes didn't really increase, but change benefits. So they don't really count this one as an increase. I have no clue what seasonal pass cost before this to know if that one increased or not. I imagine it went up a little, but now they are no longer paying for parking, so in the end that one may even out.

The top tier got screwed the most and they added another tier. The additional one is for people that don't want to trade 4 weeks for photopass. They can have both, but are going to pay for it.

The Seasonal Pass was about $19 a month (I don't know what the actual dollar cost was or if the down payments required went up), and now the silver pass is about $25 a month. Parking is free, so it more then evens out. I've been 4 times since I've gotten the pass about 6 days ago, so I'd be up to about $70 already just in parking ($80 with parking increase).

The Seasonal Pass was about $19 a month (I don't know what the actual dollar cost was or if the down payments required went up), and now the silver pass is about $25 a month. Parking is free, so it more then evens out. I've been 4 times since I've gotten the pass about 6 days ago, so I'd be up to about $70 already just in parking ($80 with parking increase).

So basically there is no price increase on Seasonal since if you go once a month you are now saving $14 a month. Even a couple saves $8 a month. 3 (2 parents and a kid) saves $2. So really it only effects family of 4 or more.

One thing with TiW you do have to be a little careful using it since it always adds a 20% tip for gratuity, which if you are just buying a beer somewhere it can actually make it more expensive.

I don't see how and the gratuity is 18%
If I buy a $7 beer and add a modest standard tip of a $1 for a pour = $8 for a beer
If I use TOW it figures out $7 - 20% = $5.60 + automatic 18% gratuity = $ 6.86
If the gratuity is calculated off the $5.60 and not the original $7 it = $6.60
The bartender still ends up with a $1-$1.26 tip and I get a free beer every time I drink a six pack (winner)
correct me if I'm wrong
As a point of interest with the old TOW pricing I only had to drink $500 dollars worth of beer to break even !! for those that are going to calculate it out (yes we know your out there ) that's only 72 beers @$7 till you are turning a profit.

OK, on another post someone was saying they removed block out dates for AP holders. Which I can't find this anywhere and I don't see why Disney would do this. Where did people see this information?

Oh, that makes more sense. In the other post it was stated as AP holders, which would make no sense. This is for the Florida resident tickets, which they can change those dates if they want to without impacting any other ticket out there.

Thanks for the information about where this came from. Because I couldn't find anything about AP passes changing on Disney website.