Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney KiteTails - Discovery River Amphiteater

They should also expand Pandora. That walkthrough idea I heard was great.
Last expansion idea I heard about was a Table Service, but maybe depending on the success of the sequel movies we’ll get a new ride eventually with a walkthrough in front of it?

That said, Pandora is probably the last thing that needs immediate help at the park. Dinoland & Rafikis take the cake on that, but the park as a whole needs a lot more. A new land as an expansion could help give the park 2-3 more rides along with a new E-ticket which would change guest touring habits away from going straight to Pandora.

The show is ending, but the kites will still fly. I doubt this will last long. Seems like they've given up on it and are just looking to see if there's any way to get more juice out of those kites.
*takes out wand*

Activation Managed

I still think these would have been much easier to deal with had they been balloons

Instead they are just juice filled kites

That said, Pandora is probably the last thing that needs immediate help at the park. Dinoland & Rafikis take the cake on that, but the park as a whole needs a lot more. A new land as an expansion could help give the park 2-3 more rides along with a new E-ticket which would change guest touring habits away from going straight to Pandora.
Exactly. Although admittedly, at this point only one new E-ticket would just replicate Pandora's problems in the new land. If you're only visiting a park for one ride, and that ride is the only new ride in a decade, everyone will swamp it. That's why you ideally need multiple new additions spaced out over multiple years so people prioritize multiple attractions and spread out.

Exactly. Although admittedly, at this point only one new E-ticket would just replicate Pandora's problems in the new land. If you're only visiting a park for one ride, and that ride is the only new ride in a decade, everyone will swamp it. That's why you ideally need multiple new additions spaced out over multiple years so people prioritize multiple attractions and spread out.
Flesh it out a bit more and AK is the best park in the chain, even better than IOA

Atm it sinks below IOA, MK, SW, and BGT for me

Closing September 30, 2022.
I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did tbh. September 30th is the last performance date so that means it will have lasted exactly one year before closure. I think many of us expected this to close before the end of 2021 if you look back on this thread.

I thought this ended already. :lol:

Hey, maybe a Moana show can work here since so much of it takes place on the water. She can ride in on her boat and the rest of the characters using the different barges to perform and it can just be a breezy 25-minute show highlighting most of the songs like Disney used to do.

I thought this ended already. :lol:

Hey, maybe a Moana show can work here since so much of it takes place on the water. She can ride in on her boat and the rest of the characters using the different barges to perform and it can just be a breezy 25-minute show highlighting most of the songs like Disney used to do.
I actually wouldn't be opposed necessarily to a Moana show. It's really a shame they can't install the World of Color platforms here because I still think that's 100% the way to make this theater work for a nighttime show, but I get why they can't do it. Well technically they could if they REALLY wanted, but it would take a lot of work to change what is a manmade carveout for water to flow (and over the years has turned into an actual natural lake) into a concrete floor water basin essentially.

Of course I think that type of extensive work would be worth it in the end as you'd at least have something that they could work with in terms of adding a high quality water show like World of Color, which would be a big win for DAK and certainly get me out there at night more often.