Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney KiteTails - Discovery River Amphiteater

The parks having more entertainment is always good thing however this isn’t that. It’s a very cheap solution to a long term problem. Disney needs to go back to the drawing board with a decent budget if they truly cared about delivering something of quality.
I think if they used a drawing board it may have actually helped. This looks like it was sketched on a napkin and sent for approval. And the napkin was wet.

After watching all of the videos, this might be the most entertaining outdoor show Disney has ever done....for all of the wrong reasons.

I seriously had no idea this was a thing until a couple of days ago. Seeing those balloons crash into the water.....LOL. What a gloriously entertaining train wreck. I actually hope they keep this going as long as nobody gets hurt.
Has anyone shown up with score cards yet? Some of the more graceful landings warrant at least a 7.

59d77bf09cbf4717fc4e2a2265ba2a37.png

The show is ending, but the kites will still fly. I doubt this will last long. Seems like they've given up on it and are just looking to see if there's any way to get more juice out of those kites.

The show is ending, but the kites will still fly. I doubt this will last long. Seems like they've given up on it and are just looking to see if there's any way to get more juice out of those kites.

I'm actually a little disappointed about this. I was looking forward to seeing it and I'm sure my nephew would get a good kick out of it.

I've been to the park the past few weeks now late at night and it is empty. If nighttime shows don't work at DAK, at least provide more to do for guests. There's no way Disney can be satisfied with a park open late and deserted.

I've been to the park the past few weeks now late at night and it is empty. If nighttime shows don't work at DAK, at least provide more to do for guests. There's no way Disney can be satisfied with a park open late and deserted.

DAK's redo has been a colossal misstep with the only "good" thing coming from it being Pandora. Nighttime Safaris? RoE? The musical acts and festivals on Discovery Island? Just totally gone. The premium dinner packages for RoL, hell, just any dinners? Gone. That super fancy restaurant they built? Reservations open. Etc.

DAK's redo has been a colossal misstep with the only "good" thing coming from it being Pandora. Nighttime Safaris? RoE? The musical acts and festivals on Discovery Island? Just totally gone. The premium dinner packages for RoL, hell, just any dinners? Gone. That super fancy restaurant they built? Reservations open. Etc.
The musical acts are still there. That's about it from what you mentioned though. It may depend when you visit though as in certain hours of the day or certain days of the week.

If something isn't announced for the park at D23 (and i'm not holding out hope), then they clearly don't see that the park is a mess. The plot of land + a bit of land surrounding it would be GREAT for an RMC styled coaster.

But the Nomad......

Are the projections on the Tree of Life not still there? I thought that was the second best thing (besides Pandora) that they added during that push. I remember they even added projections to the back of the Tree a few years later.

Are the projections on the Tree of Life not still there? I thought that was the second best thing (besides Pandora) that they added during that push. I remember they even added projections to the back of the Tree a few years later.
Projections are there when park is open late enough.

If something isn't announced for the park at D23 (and i'm not holding out hope), then they clearly don't see that the park is a mess. The plot of land + a bit of land surrounding it would be GREAT for an RMC styled coaster.
They should also expand Pandora. That walkthrough idea I heard was great.