Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney KiteTails - Discovery River Amphiteater

This thing is just an embarrassment. Cancel it now.
77b463dd-9367-4488-8141-c6634146463a.jpg

Oh my...Shades of Frozen characters on giant popsicle sticks show quality...Two B mode shows out of three new debuts in three days. Amazing.

This thing is just an embarrassment. Cancel it now.
77b463dd-9367-4488-8141-c6634146463a.jpg

I know I said this amphitheater is cursed, but the string of events happening here feels like proof positive.

Someone's going to get hurt.

I recall someone mentioned the waters get really rough and choppy due to how fast the jetski's have to go in order to fly the kites, which is no surprise a jetski tipped over. Add in the recent incident and they really do need to cut this show, it ain't worth the hazards which are popping up very quickly.

They need to scale down the harmonious tech and just put it in this amphitheater with an AK appropriate show. This is some sub-Six Flags level shenanigans…

They need to scale down the harmonious tech and just put it in this amphitheater with an AK appropriate show. This is some sub-Six Flags level shenanigans…
The Harmonious barges also wouldn't be so noticeable in this setting if they were up against the other side of the lagoon almost directly in front of where this picture was taken. It's a lookout point and is nice, but if putting the barges up pretty close to this area meant that it would *mostly* hide them during the day and would make a show work at night, then I think it's something they could theoretically do. I wouldn't want the screens out in the middle of the river though. It could provide the effect for a show that the garden hoses that they used to try and show projections on for RoL never could.

I have to wonder why they are rehearsing in front of guests? Surely they would have run this at other times and found it does not work?

This lagoon should have had a show like a scaled down version of World of Color (essentially a show like Universal's lagoon show). Of course that should have been what Rivers of Light was...
Literally.

It seems like an incredibly easy solution

Also, wtf is going on at Animal Kingdom

Going to ask a potentially dumb question, why aren't these balloons instead of kites?

Last edited:
Literally.

It seems like an incredibly easy solution
It would cost in insane amount of money and would involve sectioning off Discovery River and draining the portion in front of the amphitheater, carefully having Disney's Wildlife team save the animals currently living in the river, putting in a concrete bottom like DCA has, and THEN installing the WOC platform. This idea probably isn't even on the table.

It would cost in insane amount of money and would involve sectioning off Discovery River and draining the portion in front of the amphitheater, carefully having Disney's Wildlife team save the animals currently living in the river, putting in a concrete bottom like DCA has, and THEN installing the WOC platform. This idea probably isn't even on the table.
Wait the bottom isn't concrete?

The parks having more entertainment is always good thing however this isn’t that. It’s a very cheap solution to a long term problem. Disney needs to go back to the drawing board with a decent budget if they truly cared about delivering something of quality.

All I’ve seen of this show are pictures and videos of downed kites. Time to rename this thing…

Disney’s Kite Fails

I think this show is Iconic. I can't wait to see it in person! It brings me so much joy. Don't sleep on this soon to be Legendary show that will be talked about for years! Who knew inflatable lawn ornaments strapped to the back of a jet ski could be so entertaining. Homerun Disney!!!

After watching all of the videos, this might be the most entertaining outdoor show Disney has ever done....for all of the wrong reasons.

I seriously had no idea this was a thing until a couple of days ago. Seeing those balloons crash into the water.....LOL. What a gloriously entertaining train wreck. I actually hope they keep this going as long as nobody gets hurt.

After watching all of the videos, this might be the most entertaining outdoor show Disney has ever done....for all of the wrong reasons.

I seriously had no idea this was a thing until a couple of days ago. Seeing those balloons crash into the water.....LOL. What a gloriously entertaining train wreck. I actually hope they keep this going as long as nobody gets hurt.
I want a Tshirt. Do they have KiteTales merch because I need it in my life!