Disney KiteTails - Discovery River Amphiteater | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney KiteTails - Discovery River Amphiteater

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well then, that is a thing that exists...
It's never a good sign when reviewers say it feels more like a pre-show than the actual show.

That area is cursed...

No kidding, almost think one needs to give that place an exorcism at this point. That or build some housing on top of it for grins and giggles.

This theater has had three sub-par shows in it's brief five year history. This show isn't long for the world. There's gotta be something that can work here, but if they can't use fireworks, then i'm not exactly sure what it is as you basically are just back at Rivers of Light at that point. I still contend that had that show been able to utilize fireworks, it would've been much more successful.

It really seems like this show is a mess. Also, I don’t understand why they didn’t/weren’t able to build storage & staging for the kites backstage, so they don’t have to nose dive into the stands when their segment is over?

It really seems like this show is a mess. Also, I don’t understand why they didn’t/weren’t able to build storage & staging for the kites backstage, so they don’t have to nose dive into the stands when their segment is over?
The kites for Epcot Forever got ruined (thus them being pulled) for nose diving into the water too often so I imagine that has something to do with it.

When you stop a jet ski that has a kite on it, it’s going down quick, no time for backstage.

I found this scene more amusing than I expected. It definitely makes a more interesting show watching one character quickly surrounded by staff after diving into the stands and stuffed into a bag while another is crammed like a meatloaf waiting for his turn. I'm not sure what the story line for that is but it certainly leaves an impression.

This was around 7:40 in the video linked earlier.

disneykitefails.png

I get the logistics of it (storage and whatnot) but yeah, having what you would normally expect to be hidden behind the scenes at a place like this just out there is jarring. It's a situation where you look at it and think Why did they do that? instead of How did they do that?

This theater is made for a Tokyo Disney Sea Style decentralized Harbor show (See Legend of Mythica). The issue is that the canal running backstage is not the largest a rn doesn’t have a drawbridge. You can always have telescoping elements ala the RoL main lotus but that still limits things.

Another thought is that this theater would also work well if Disney ever wanted to try to bring over one of those crazy get wet shows from Tokyo.