Disney Parks Monstrous Summer! | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Parks Monstrous Summer!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 14, 2010
Monstrous-Summer-300x124_zpsacb155aa.jpg

Inside the Magic and Orlando Attractions Magazine are reporting a press event held April 25-26 at Walt Disney World that will be themed to Pixar’s Monsters University. Disney promises a “Monstrous Summer” ahead, with details about future projects and “new-for-summer attractions” revealed at this by-invitation-only event.

Thoughts?

Long rumored Monsters coaster? Even a new well done dark ride would be good for me. But I really hope whatever it is goes to DHS, and it's not just some parade.

This is just my theory: since Monsters University is about the monsters going to college, then my guess s that it will be a new parade or something that is supposed to be like a pep rally since colleges do have big sporting events, and as shown in the trailer for the film, a football game takes place. But I doubt it will be limited to just the sports at the college, but it will include other aspects too that somehow incorporate with the story of the new film.

So, this means the new attractions will be here for this summer? If it were to be a coaster, it would be functioning by summer 2013 ?

So, this means the new attractions will be here for this summer? If it were to be a coaster, it would be functioning by summer 2013 ?

Oh no, it would be a Summer 2015 attraction at the earliest. Anything they have planned for the Summer this year would be a very small scale addition like a M&G or new content at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

Oh no, it would be a Summer 2015 attraction at the earliest. Anything they have planned for the Summer this year would be a very small scale addition like a M&G or new content at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

I'd like to think if they announced a family coaster in April 2013 that they could have it open by summer 2014. I know for some reason't they can't, but they should be able to easily.

I know, I mean sure a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park can build a coaster in 5-7 months but why should Disney be able to? And some of those are inside some are out, some are themed, some are not. I know the Disney theming takes longer, but not 18 months longer.

Or there is the other example would be if Universal can build Transformers in 8 months demolition to cycling then Disney should be able to build a coaster in a year.

The rumor of a Monsters Inc coaster going back there is probably 10 years old at this point. I wouldn't hold my breath.

The rumor of a Monsters Inc coaster going back there is probably 10 years old at this point. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I literally remember my brother and I watching MI for the first time, and when we saw the door scene, the first thing we yelled was "that'd be an amazing coster!!!!"

lol the rumor starters agreed.

This is just my theory: since Monsters University is about the monsters going to college, then my guess s that it will be a new parade or something that is supposed to be like a pep rally since colleges do have big sporting events, and as shown in the trailer for the film, a football game takes place. But I doubt it will be limited to just the sports at the college, but it will include other aspects too that somehow incorporate with the story of the new film.

This seems very plausible as a replacement for Disney Channel Rocks

Seems plausible. Although wouldn't that really just be a furry version of the old high school musical thing?

Doesn't Disney do a summer announcement every year? Adding in limited time "extras?" The last one I remember was Tower of Terror having the extra effects just for the summer. If they announce an actual new attraction that would be great, but I'm thinking it's just another summer promotion

Main Street Electric Parade was supposed to be a summer presentation. And it is now a fixture. Poor Spectro allowed to rot.