Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am very surprised at how close this will be to the IG entrance. I would have thought the station would be better on the other side of the bridge since this will be a real security bottleneck if the gondolas provide the traffic shift they are hoping for.
Heck, they still have a big issue IMHO with the security setup at Epcot. I think the work done at MK and T&TC was great and they need to do something similar at Epcot to backup and widen the entrance. I wonder if the redo planned on the entry plaza will address this as well?
I would think they would move security back since those on the gondolas will already have gone through security at the station.

I am very surprised at how close this will be to the IG entrance. I would have thought the station would be better on the other side of the bridge since this will be a real security bottleneck if the gondolas provide the traffic shift they are hoping for.
Heck, they still have a big issue IMHO with the security setup at Epcot. I think the work done at MK and T&TC was great and they need to do something similar at Epcot to backup and widen the entrance. I wonder if the redo planned on the entry plaza will address this as well?
I'm pretty sure that part of that construction area is dedicated to expanding and rejiggering security and the turnstiles there to accommodate all of the extra traffic. Security will probably be pushed back to the bridge so that it encompasses the FriendShips and the gondolas.

They are going to start reversing the Monorail entrance/exit on busy morning to help alleviate some of that. That way guests coming off the Monorail (who have already been screened) can walk right to the turnstiles. It will mean there's a security screening point on the monorail platform for those boarding at EPCOT.

I've hear eventually all guests will be screened before boarding watercraft and buses as well, so I would assume all the gondola riders will be screened prior to boarding.

Work on the CBR Skyliner stop and the straight away path to DHS to where it will lead. To the left will be Pop/AoA Skyliner station and to the right will be Riviera and Epcot. This will be the "hub" of sorts.

The resort of the skyliner..?

It's a way to get people to Epcot's rear entrance and Star Wars land without using buses - which are problematic for those two locations.

The skyliner. Why not just take the boat?

I can see this being laced with problems and being much slower than expected.

The skyliner. Why not just take the boat?

I can see this being laced with problems and being much slower than expected.

Well, boats don't go all the way to Pop/Art nor CB/Riviera. And the boat to/from Epcot/DHS take FOREVER. You can walk faster.

The Skyliner should actually be shorter.. and more scenic.

The vantage-point of the concept art for Ratatouille is from the Skyliner.. so you have that view.

Reactions: Joel and Alicia