Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

I'm not thinking that way only because it is a good 10-15 min walk from the gateway to the boardwalk. I see it more as a secondary dining and entertainment location like DS.

Why not both. There's probably more reasons as well that they could see a boost from this.

I just personally don’t think wait times should be all that long, even at opening/closing. Maybe 15 mins max. As long as the system is moving as it should be, it should be a quick and simple process that I think will surprise a lot of people.

Maybe I’ll be wrong though, we’ll see. I’m just going off of the system that I know we’re getting and the expected hourly capacity.

I think the queues are always going to look a lot worse than they actually are. I think this whole system is going to surprise people by it's efficiency.

If they ever get this thing to drop off at MK, it will be a game changer.

Game changer I agree but even in a direct line from the Epcot station to the MK, it's a little over 3.5 miles. Epcot to Pop Century is through all the stops is about 2 miles. I think as long as the monorail connects Epcot to MK, it's not needed.

Animal Kingdom though is a different story. It could stop at Coronado Springs on the way and really bring the whole resort together.

Game changer I agree but even in a direct line from the Epcot station to the MK, it's a little over 3.5 miles. Epcot to Pop Century is through all the stops is about 2 miles. I think as long as the monorail connects Epcot to MK, it's not needed.

Animal Kingdom though is a different story. It could stop at Coronado Springs on the way and really bring the whole resort together.
A phase 2 is possible but from what i've heard, a completely different, not currently used mode of transport is also being proposed for the DAK area.

I think it'll all depend on how efficient the Skyliner is and how guests like it, though. If it's a popular option, efficient and relatively cheap, I could easily see them extending this thing all the way to DAK.

A phase 2 is possible but from what i've heard, a completely different, not currently used mode of transport is also being proposed for the DAK area.

I think it'll all depend on how efficient the Skyliner is and how guests like it, though. If it's a popular option, efficient and relatively cheap, I could easily see them extending this thing all the way to DAK.
But..... if you ride a gondola all the way to AK you will die from the Florida heat if the lighting doesn't fry you to a cinder first or the car falls off the rope into the swamp where the alligators will have you for a Mickey Snack! Never gonna work and besides the ECVs and average WDW patron will never be able to get in the cabins let alone get back out. They will have to shut the whole line down for hours and bring in the helicopters for the rescue.

Wheeww.... Glad I got in first on that one, now I can go have chicken and waffles

I think heading to AK could be an experience in itself, especially if it extends as far Animal Kingdom Lodge as you'd have some great views over the animals.

You wonder how if all these new views to the public will have any changes backstage to hide all the cars and rows of AC units.

That's my thinking. 4 resorts passing by with people who probably had no real reason to visit before or didn't even know the place existed.

I'd never even stepped onto the Boardwalk until I stayed at the resort last year. I imagine there's lots of guests who never make their way there.

Maybe they should just fill in the Epcot lake and place the station right in the middle of world showcase. Would make drinking around the world much more convienent.

I'd never even stepped onto the Boardwalk until I stayed at the resort last year. I imagine there's lots of guests who never make their way there.

I’ve planned a trip but never been myself. We’d planned on making a bigger effort last year but after discovering food and wine, it seemed a little pointless to venture there as Epcot isn’t a two day park.

Upon saying that, we did DHS and AK in one day last time but planning on doing a day at each this time so a boat ride up from DHS could be a viable option to split the day up a bit.

I’ve planned a trip but never been myself. We’d planned on making a bigger effort last year but after discovering food and wine, it seemed a little pointless to venture there as Epcot isn’t a two day park.

Upon saying that, we did DHS and AK in one day last time but planning on doing a day at each this time so a boat ride up from DHS could be a viable option to split the day up a bit.
Don't do the boat ride. It takes FOREVER. Like six million stops. You could walk it in half the time, but the walk is long too. Nothing like the quick water taxi trips at Universal.

Funny, I took that boat ONCE...thought I had died and gone to hell. I did the walk back and it was indeed stupid long. What magic that was withered in both instances. Give me UOR please.

Funny, I took that boat ONCE...thought I had died and gone to hell. I did the walk back and it was indeed stupid long. What magic that was withered in both instances. Give me UOR please.
Yeah. We were on that damn boat so long, in the heat & humidity, that by the time we stepped into DHS we both were having a bout of heat stress :ack:, and had to stop at the Medical Station before we passed out. A couple of ibuprofin and we were good to go again. :)...I dunno, the walk from Epcot to DHS seems longer than the CBBR to IOA walk. It's not a complete straight shot if I remember correctly.

Yeah. We were on that damn boat so long, in the heat & humidity, that by the time we stepped into DHS we both were having a bout of heat stress :ack:, and had to stop at the Medical Station before we passed out. A couple of ibuprofin and we were good to go again. :)...I dunno, the walk from Epcot to DHS seems longer than the CBBR to IOA walk. It's not a complete straight shot if I remember correctly.

I think the walk to Epcot from DHS is longer than CBBR to IOA but the walk from DHS to the Boardwalk is shorter. If that makes sense?