Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Based on this image it appears that each station will require a transfer to a separate line. I think it will be the following routes:
Pop Century to Caribbean Beach
Caribbean Beach to Hollywood Studios
Caribbean Beach to Riviera
Riviera to Epcot

The only line that may be continuous is the Caribbean Beach to Riviera to Epcot but I doubt that will be the case but time will tell.

Although this breakdown would require multiple transfers for a lot of destinations. That could get annoying...especially with young kids and strollers. Hopefully Disney has thought the guest flow through thoroughly and has a good plan!

DSGrOrLXkAA3BH4.jpg

I wonder how long the lines will be at the end of the day at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, especially since essentially 4 resorts are cramming into a single line to begin with? Capacity should be decent but how many guests can fit in a gondola, 6-8? Will multiple families share gondolas to maximize capacity? Hopefully they will still provide bus transportation to these resorts as an alternative.

The only transfer will be at CBR. The operators will leave empty cabins to allow boarding at Riviera

Reactions: Alicia
The only transfer will be at CBR. The operators will leave empty cabins to allow boarding at Riviera

If true I bet there will be a lot of test and adjust when the system first opens to get the optimal guest flow. Will Riviera be open when the system opens? I have lost track of all expected opening dates of everything Disney has announced.

If true I bet there will be a lot of test and adjust when the system first opens to get the optimal guest flow. Will Riviera be open when the system opens? I have lost track of all expected opening dates of everything Disney has announced.
Probably depends on sales. I would not expect much but you know those dusters lined up to plunk down 40K to get a piece of the mouse.

Riviera and the Gondola system are expected to jointly open.

The Skyliner may open first with Riviera just being a pass through until the resort opens, though.

What happens in the morning when the first resort fills every gondola and no one gets off at the other stations leaving no available spots for guests to board at other resorts?
If that happens, you wait. What happens in the morning when you're at the Poly and the Monorail arrives full? You wait for the next one. What happens in the morning when you're on the last bus stop at CBR and the bus arrives full? You wait for the next one.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Ugh...I really hope you wouldn't have to transfer at each stop. That would take a lot of the convenience out of this.

Ugh...I really hope you wouldn't have to transfer at each stop. That would take a lot of the convenience out of this.
There's only one transfer point.

Caribbean Beach is the central hub for everything so for example, you can't go straight from Epcot to DHS. You need to take a Gondola from Epcot, pass through Riviera and get off a CBR. You will then transfer at CBR to DHS. This process shouldn't take long at all as long as the system runs as it should.

Caribbean Beach is the central hub for everything so for example, you can't go straight from Epcot to DHS. You need to take a Gondola from Epcot, pass through Riviera and get off a CBR. You will then transfer at CBR to DHS. This process shouldn't take long at all as long as the system as it should.

Ok, so basically there is only one transfer point based on the park you want to visit? So if I was staying in Art of Animation, and wanted to go to Epcot, I would still need to get off at CBR to take the Epcot line?

Caribbean Beach is the central hub for everything so for example, you can't go straight from Epcot to DHS. You need to take a Gondola from Epcot, pass through Riviera and get off a CBR. You will then transfer at CBR to DHS. This process shouldn't take long at all as long as the system as it should.

What about going from Epcot to Pop/Animation, would you need to transfer or do you pass straight through?

What about going from Epcot to Pop/Animation, would you need to transfer or do you pass straight through?
As I understand it, once you reach CBR (no matter the destination), you have to transfer.

This is going to make CBR a much more valuable hotel to stay at in many people's eyes as no transferring will need to be involved. This is what Disney wants guests to think as they are aiming to remove the "Deluxe", "Moderate" and "Value" tiers and just price everything based on location.

Reactions: Scott W.
As I understand it, once you reach CBR (no matter the destination), you have to transfer.

This is going to make CBR a much more valuable hotel to stay at in many people's eyes as no transferring will need to be involved. This is what Disney wants guests to think as they are aiming to remove the "Deluxe", "Moderate" and "Value" tiers and just price everything based on location.

LOL, right, in other words, raise hotel prices to help pay for the cost of the gondolas. LOL.

Reactions: Nick and Scott W.
LOL, right, in other words, raise hotel prices to help pay for the cost of the gondolas. LOL.
Pretty much.

Except it extends beyond the Gondola resorts. This is going to be a play to make more money in general as they will be basing pricing on location.

I wonder if the Boardwalk will see a huge jump in business once this opens.
Are you basing this on the assumption of easier access from other resorts to the international gateway? That makes sense to me, especially since the only way to get there now, without actually entering Epcot, is either bus via DS or Uber from the other resorts. This way, you don't even have to enter Epcot to get there rather quickly and easily.

Are you basing this on the assumption of easier access from other resorts to the international gateway? That makes sense to me, especially since the only way to get there now, without actually entering Epcot, is either bus via DS or Uber from the other resorts. This way, you don't even have to enter Epcot to get there rather quickly and easily.

That's my thinking. 4 resorts passing by with people who probably had no real reason to visit before or didn't even know the place existed.

Maybe, but I would doubt it would be anything too significant.

I think night time could see a nice boost if the queues are too long for the gondolas. Get an ice cream and kill half an hour beats standing in line.

I think night time could see a nice boost if the queues are too long for the gondolas. Get an ice cream and kill half an hour beats standing in line.
I'm not thinking that way only because it is a good 10-15 min walk from the gateway to the boardwalk. I see it more as a secondary dining and entertainment location like DS.

Reactions: Scott W. and Nick
That's my thinking. 4 resorts passing by with people who probably had no real reason to visit before or didn't even know the place existed.

I just personally don’t think wait times should be all that long, even at opening/closing. Maybe 15 mins max. As long as the system is moving as it should be, it should be a quick and simple process that I think will surprise a lot of people.

Maybe I’ll be wrong though, we’ll see. I’m just going off of the system that I know we’re getting and the expected hourly capacity.