Disneyland Resort | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone seen the revised World of Color: Winter Dreams show?

The individual segments are great, but the timing and flow of the new show is...interesting, to say the least. It's probably the poorest flowing World of Color iteration I've ever seen.

By revised, do you mean Version 2 of Winter Dreams that premiered last year? Or did they change it again for this year?

Too much Olaf still in my opinion.

In my opinion, the poorest World of Color is "Celebrate!" The concept was cool, but the execution was extremely awkward, especially the implementation of NPH. While not as cringe worthy as Jimmy Fallon on the tour, it's just an unnecessary over saturation of NPH.

Overall, nothing beats the "original" WoC. Yeah, they're all essentially a collection of clips, but the flow and emotions of the original are just so perfect.

It's days like this (with the announcement of the new USH AP passes) that make me appreciate and value the Disneyland Resort even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ There's a new iteration of Winter Dreams this year.

I like World of Color: Celebrate.
Wasn't aware of that! I'll be very curious to see how it's improved (if at all) and how much of it is Christmas VS Frozen clips.

And I enjoyed World of Color: Celebrate, don't get me wrong. The tributes to Disneyland really hit a nerve with me, loved lots of bits. It's just that I find NPH being a host for the show and his endless talking at points was extremely unnecessary and forced. And that's with me being a fan of his, but I just personally feel that World of Color doesn't need a live action host, outside of clips of Walt.

OK, or maybe Julie Andrews :p

I DO think it's cool how they're offering a choice of BOTH shows this holiday season. I'm sure you'll enjoy that, Jon! You can see two different World of Color shows in one night!

No full show videos for "Winter Dreams" 2015 yet... also, I came to the realization that there are NO HOLIDAY FIREWORKS this year. It seems everyone has to watch "Disneyland Forever" instead :unsure:  It is unfortunate because I'm sure they could've done something amazing with the projection tech this year. Oh well... I'm still annoyed we don't get special Star Wars fireworks for "Season of the Force"... I mean, come on... HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO CELEBRATE "LIFE DAY" WITHOUT FIREWORKS! :p  ....yea, I just referenced the Star Wars Holiday Special :ph34r:

Speaking of Season of the Force, did you guys see the new popcorn bucket & sipper cup yet?....  I MUST HAS THE POPCORN BUCKET!!!

9ofAZ3y.jpg

*photo from DisneyParksBlog

Also got confirmation about Star Tours (yay youtube), the added stuff is what I had shared. Finn flying the Millennium Falcon, gives us an original Star Tours throwback line, Rey has a random cameo and BB-8 is our new hologram transmission. I'm just disappointed they didn't add a new opening & finale sequence as well, but I am sure we "might" see one AFTER the movie is released.

Also got confirmation about Star Tours (yay youtube), the added stuff is what I had shared. Finn flying the Millennium Falcon, gives us an original Star Tours throwback line, Rey has a random cameo and BB-8 is our new hologram transmission. I'm just disappointed they didn't add a new opening & finale sequence as well, but I am sure we "might" see one AFTER the movie is released.
Actually, there has been slight changes ironically. The Naboo Scene has apparently been changed drastically and the Coruscant scene now has the Millennium Falcon in the hangar bay.

Random question, but on a scale of 1-10 how awful are the crowds the day before Thanksgiving? Has anyone gone during that day before?

Actually, there has been slight changes ironically. The Naboo Scene has apparently been changed drastically and the Coruscant scene now has the Millennium Falcon in the hangar bay.
Yeah, I just saw a vid of the changed Naboo and there's a moment of ultimate fanservice there alright. I imagine cutting all Lucas ties off let WDI get away with it but WOW...

Reactions: Alexshow.
Um... okay.. I just watched a video and saw the new altered Naboo sequence... um... WTF!!!??? DO. NOT. LIKE. I would love to know the reasoning behind this stupid change. It was pretty much the ONLY 3D aspect of the entire Star Tours 2.0! This new comedic ending is just dumb. I get the feeling someone complained about the original ending being too "intense" or something... -sigh-

Also... I'd like point out the hilariousness of this ride combo... Darth Vader... then Jakku... then Naboo... yay time travel!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Um... okay.. I just watched a video and saw the new altered Naboo sequence... um... WTF!!!??? DO. NOT. LIKE. I would love to know the reasoning behind this stupid change. It was pretty much the ONLY 3D aspect of the entire Star Tours 2.0! This new comedic ending is just dumb. I get the feeling someone complained about the original ending being too "intense" or something... -sigh-

Also... I'd like point out the hilariousness of this ride combo... Darth Vader... then Jakku... then Naboo... yay time travel!!!
I believe it's to surprise guests for SotF who think they're getting the same ol stuff. Coruscant has been turned on, as well as the imcomplete Death Star for randomization. So yeah, time travel is here to stay but I think the old Naboo and Coruscants will be added back into the rotation once SotF ends, making for an insane, albiet incomprehensible amounts of combinations.

Got to experience Hyperspace Mountain yesterday! Really fantastic implementation of the projections! A bit too bright, really gives away the track and all the support beams more than the other two versions, and it's not super groundbreaking as I was hoping, but it's an absolutely fantastic overlay. Beginning gave me major chills. I think it also depends where you sit. We sat in the front and missed a lot. I definitely recommend sitting towards the back. Overall, really fun overlay!

^My thoughts exactly. There weren't as many projections as I thought. You can only do so much to darken the track with all of those projections though. The blaster effects were great and was the highlight of the experience for me.

So random queston: I know it's the holiday weekend, but how are crowds after Black Friday? I'm considering going to the parks that day as I realized that usually people will want to go shopping that day.

Very random question.... I'm purchasing a Disneyland pass for the first time (life time universal pass holder) and I had a quick question.. I'm getting the So Cal Select pass and I wanted to know if I bought the pass at the park on a day that the SoCal pass was blocked out, would they allow me to go in the park on that day? I know universal did that for me one time but I don't know if Disneyland is different.