Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

I was watching @thecalibae Instagram story and the past couple visits he’s had there’s been about an hour wait for the tram back to the parking garages at night. They know have a switchback barricade queue going on there. Lots of people now are just opting to walk through downtown Disney to get back.
Is this apart of the cast member hour cuts or part of a greater plan?

Now that Pixar Parking is open, it's all the same tram stop as Mickey & Friends. So assuming both are being used, you now have the potential for double the number of people using the parking trams.

My wish list item is they should create an automatic tram system like airports.... one that's quick, frequent, and most importantly, can accommodate strollers and wheelchairs quickly--that's the biggest slowdown, IMO.

I was watching @thecalibae Instagram story and the past couple visits he’s had there’s been about an hour wait for the tram back to the parking garages at night. They know have a switchback barricade queue going on there. Lots of people now are just opting to walk through downtown Disney to get back.
Is this apart of the cast member hour cuts or part of a greater plan?
After fireworks on a busy day you will get the backup. On July 4th we waited about 20 min for a tram and they were running trams on both sides. I don't think it is part of any cuts but they can only run so many trams. @Rideguy70 makes a good point. Parking capacity increased by 75% so more people will be using the trams.

Oh ok, I completely forgot about the extra people needing to take the trams. Still, it appears they’ve only been loading one side (left) with two loading docks. I imagine it’s the worst right after the fireworks and world of color have ended.

Does anyone feel like the new Flex Pass offers too much for the cost? More so being able to visit/ reserve on any day. I see many of my friends picking up Flex Passes now because of the low cost and being able to go to Disneyland park on the weekends and summer. This also makes the Deluxe and discontinued SoCal Pass absolutely worthless.

Certainly a good option but there are limitations.

“Up to 2 reservations can be made per passport during a 30-day window”

So you can only get reservations twice a month and they are not guaranteed. So its not like you can go anytime but has some FLEXibility.

Yes but you can keep reserving dates after the one you booked is over. You could go every day this summer if I booked the night before and then once tomorrow’s visit is over I can book another for the next day and so on. I know of someone who’s been 5 times already this month alone with the Flexpass. Just saying this pass really ruins the value of all the other passes.

Yes but you can keep reserving dates after the one you booked is over. You could go every day this summer if I booked the night before and then once tomorrow’s visit is over I can book another for the next day and so on. I know of someone who’s been 5 times already this month alone with the Flexpass. Just saying this pass really ruins the value of all the other passes.
Sounds like all the Flex Pass holders could really take advantage of the low Disneyland crowds this summer. So there might be a lot more AP holders checking out Disneyland & GESWL than people thought could.

Interesting case but I would think parking would be prohibitive on that type of volume visits. If you go 20 times that's $500 in parking. Might as well get the Signature at that point as it guarantees visits and parking is included.

Disney's just released quarterly fiscal report ending June 2019. From the report..."Operating income...decrease at our domestic parks and resorts...The decrease in operating income at our domestic resorts was due to higher costs (attributed to GESWL) and lower volume...The decrease in volume was due to lower attendance............Disney Paris bucked the trend and had an increase in operating income, due mostly to an increase in ticket prices. Spending was up though, so that was a positive, though some of it was due to increased prices.

Disney's just released quarterly fiscal report ending June 2019. From the report..."Operating income...decrease at our domestic parks and resorts...The decrease in operating income at our domestic resorts was due to higher costs (attributed to GESWL) and lower volume...The decrease in volume was due to lower attendance............Disney Paris bucked the trend and had an increase in operating income, due mostly to an increase in ticket prices. Spending was up though, so that was a positive, though some of it was due to increased prices.

Also stated that paid attendance was actually up at Disneyland, it was APs that we’re significantly lower.

WDW was down too....which is significant since Easter fell in this quarter in 2019, while it was in the previous quarter for 2018....So it will definitely be interesting to see what happens in this quarter at WDW with GESWL opening.