Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wide spread cuts in quality throughout WDW quick service locations (unsure if related to return of dining plan). Prices remain the same, but they've decided to chase margin improvement by reducing quality. Similar portion sizes, but you can tell the meat isn't the same cut as before.
Not to be rude but have you been to every quick service location to proclaim that statement you made ?

Not to be rude but have you been to every quick service location to proclaim that statement you made ?
Have I tried very single venue/item? No. But I have the benefit of visiting each week multiple days a week and typically order the same thing. In addition to Satu'li/Flame Tree...
  • Regal Eagle BBQ Burger - fries are still solid, but the burger patty itself is lacking in flavor. Used to be different than the patty meat found at Cosmic Ray's, not anymore unfortunately.
  • ABC Commissary - the buffalo grilled cheese is still good, but the shrimp/carnitas tacos are now quite flavorless

There are still items like the General Tso salad at Connections that remain the same in quality, but there's an obvious decline/substitution of lower-quality ingredients happening.

Regal Eagle BBQ Burger - fries are still solid, but the burger patty itself is lacking in flavor.
ABC Commissary - the shrimp/carnitas tacos are now quite flavorless
These read like those Yankee candle covid reviews. I’m worried about your tastebuds first just in case the food didn’t change. ;)

For real though, I wouldn’t know cause I only order the general Tso salad and thankfully as you said it’s still perfect.

I posted this on another forum but I'm pretty sure this idea is meant to be "unlicensed" Disney characters within whichever fictional country Tropical Americas is supposed to be. Similar to this in Africa

View attachment 22050

I think this is the idea

View attachment 22051
View attachment 22052
Respectfully, this is probably the worst idea they could go with. If they are moving away from tacky Dinoland U.S.A, they should not build a tackier "improvement". Make a Coco carousel with the Day of the Dead-style animal spirits, or an Encanto carousel with that one kid, or build it not in the new land with some other premium theme, but don't build a knock-off Disney carousel in your actual Disney park. That's some late-Eisner era shenanigans.

This may not be the right thread for it - but has there been any new indication on when Dinosaur and Tough to Be a Bug will be closing?

We're considering taking a day at AK during our Universal trip in September but uh.. idk if I want to do that if they are both closed lol

This may not be the right thread for it - but has there been any new indication on when Dinosaur and Tough to Be a Bug will be closing?

We're considering taking a day at AK during our Universal trip in September but uh.. idk if I want to do that if they are both closed lol
I'm assuming we'll find out at D23. No dates have been annouced yet for any closures.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Went yesterday, things to note:
  • Dinosaur has returned to being in bad condition again. CMs are also checking each vehicle out when it returns to the station (underneath the carriage). Might be standard operating procedure, just found it odd they would check every vehicle.
  • Tough to be a Bug projectors are not working well, but everything outside of Flik's mouth, which makes his dialogue appear strange, is working fine.
  • Upkeep in Dinoland is still great, new merchandise keeps being rolled out at the Dinorama store. Can't know for sure, but feels like they've repainted a few things at Dinorama too, which is odd.

Ate at Tiffins for the first time, fantastic restaurant dedicated to the Imagineers. Makes me wish each park had a similar themed dining experience. Top notch food and the 20% AP discount made it even better lol

Unfortunately, Disney has a habit of announcing major closures only a month in advance (UOE and The Great Movie Ride had less than a month of lead time before their closures were announced at D23).

Tough to be a Bug projectors are not working well,
The projectors not working well and Disney not fixing them is a sign ITTAB is on its way out at AK. I remember reading that before ITTAB was shuttered at DCA back in 2018, Disney refused to perform basic upkeep on the building by refusing to fix the grass mural which was peeling and downgraded the 3D glasses from the bug eyes to the basic yellow ones on Midway Mania.

The projectors not working well and Disney not fixing them is a sign ITTAB is on its way out at AK. I remember reading that before ITTAB was shuttered at DCA back in 2018, Disney refused to perform basic upkeep on the building by refusing to fix the grass mural which was peeling and downgraded the 3D glasses from the bug eyes to the basic yellow ones on Midway Mania.
Not necessarily, FoP projections have also been off for about 2 years now and they just fixed them a few weeks back. I was just reporting on the current status of the park's attractions.

My hope is that there will be a new "Disney" when it comes to how they approach their parks next year. Really banking on D23 to show us that.
I really hope WDI doesn't rush Indiana Jones to boost Animal Kingdom's attendance, but after Tiana's Bayou Adventure, I think they're going to rush Indiana Jones to boost Animal Kingdom's attendance. Either that or they will....heh, heh, sorry, let me pull it together...learn from their mistakes.

My hope is that there will be a new "Disney" when it comes to how they approach their parks next year. Really banking on D23 to show us that.
My concern is that as soon as there's an economic downturn they'll pull the plug on some things. The reason they're so gung ho about the parks is because that's what Wall Street wants them to be gung ho about... we can only hope something doesn't change that over the next 4-5 years.

But D23... there's absolutely no chance they'll potentially have a crowd of 18,000 boo their presentation for not being good enough.

I really hope WDI doesn't rush Indiana Jones to boost Animal Kingdom's attendance, but after Tiana's Bayou Adventure, I think they're going to rush Indiana Jones to boost Animal Kingdom's attendance. Either that or they will....heh, heh, sorry, let me pull it together...learn from their mistakes.
Hopefully that ride system being a little more robust than Splash/Tiana will help... they can actually program the ride instead of having floating logs passing sensors.

My concern is that as soon as there's an economic downturn
When is this downturn gonna happen?

They have been saying we’re going to have a recession for almost two years now.

Also not get political but almost felt like it was a talking point if a certain person got elected president.