Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, it looks like stuff is finally going to happen. Better pay respects to Dinosaur when one can.

Though what I wanna' know is, are we getting actually additions to the park? Or is just going to be replacements which still leaves us at square one at the park with the least amount of attractions?
Depends if you count a new attraction where Primeval Whirl once stood as an additional attraction considering it’s technically not replacing anything at this time.

Reactions: Tobias
Depends if you count a new attraction where Primeval Whirl once stood as an additional attraction considering it’s technically not replacing anything at this time.

Yeah, that's still feels like a square one situation for me. While PW has been gone since 2020, a new attraction is simply finally replacing it, so the number of attractions still remains to what the park had in 2019/2020. It's not truly increasing the number of attractions, so it's not an addition. And as much as I love the park, I still find it incredibly weird how this park has been open for decades, yet it'll still have less rides than Epic Universe.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's still feels like a square one situation for me. While PW has been gone since 2020, a new attraction is simply finally replacing it, so the number of attractions still remains to what the park had in 2019/2020. It's not truly increasing the number of attractions, so it's not an addition. And as much as I love the park, I still find it incredibly weird how this park has been open for decades, yet it'll still have less rides than Epic Universe.
I don't disagree, but despite the NAHTAZOO advertising, the animal trails do take a long time to do and this park is as much a zoo as it is a theme park, so those should count towards your daily time spent there.

Still need more rides or animal trails or both though, as they charge WAY more than a zoo to get in.

I don't disagree, but despite the NAHTAZOO advertising, the animal trails do take a long time to do and this park is as much a zoo as it is a theme park, so those should count towards your daily time spent there.

Still need more rides or animal trails or both though, as they charge WAY more than a zoo to get in.
I agree with @Alicia here. If you’re not going to take advantage of the unique offerings Animal Kingdom has, and only want rides, you’re kind of going about the experience wrong. But yes, new rides and other attractions are desperately needed there to fill out the park as a whole.

Oh, I fully agree. I still do the trails and whatnot as they're quite nice, but even with those and the rides, AK is still very much a half day park for me. It really needs more of both.

Oh, I fully agree. I still do the trails and whatnot as they're quite nice, but even with those and the rides, AK is still very much a half day park for me. It really needs more of both.
I would hope this new land would come with at least a minor zoological component. It would feel wrong to create an entire land around South America without even a nod or glimpse of its biological diversity.

EDIT: Theoretical capacity will probably stay the same, although Indiana Jones + Encanto will almost certainly increase the utilized capacity of the area.

Reactions: kristenabelle
Oh boy. Finally something new at WDW. Kind of hard to be excited when the earliest any of us are going to see this will be 2030. The park will even be down an E-ticket in the process. Yay. I guess.

Look how long it took to build Pandora and Galaxy's Edge. I'm telling you it will. lol
Less than four years for each of them? If you're talking about Tron or Cosmic Rewind, sure, but this is largely a retrofit of an existing land with one new ride, and there's not really any fiduciary incentive at this point to arbitrarily delay its construction.

I'm not sure you could say the current land is really strengthening the park imo. Dinosaur will be missed though.
I look at it this way: the park needs more to do. Specifically more rides.

Which version of Animal Kingdom is better?

A. AK with a replaced Dinoland and no net new attractions.
B. AK with Dinoland and a new land on the expansion plot adjacent to Kali.

I vote B.