Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just use the real apes they have over in AK Asia, but no barriers. Attraction name : "Unleash the Apes". ;) ...Of course, after a few guests are ripped asunder, and the Guest satisfaction ratings tank, they might want to buy up Universal's unneeded Kong 3D glasses and build an Apes Screenz attraction instead. :lmao:

Reactions: Wesker69
I'll miss Dinosoaur however if it's not like how it was closer to its opening then what's leaving isn't the same anyway, strictly speaking as a ride. I have memories of how scary that ride was as a kid and the few times I've ridden it since in more recent years didn't hit the same way with the changes around the special effects like something was missing.

It has dinosaurs that were distinctly different from JP's dinos and it's a shame those are going away. AK without any dinosaurs is weird.

the other wants the Apes to make humans spin until they vomit.... ???
There's an idea for a Mission: Space retheme!

Reactions: Wesker69
Honestly, Disney needs to stop with the trackless rides with how much downtime they see lol

Love trackless, but there's not much else they can do to differentiate between them outside of scenic design. And I think all the parks can benefit from more traditional high-capacity dark rides.

Maybe a hint Rhode is involved on DLR's Avatar land?
Honestly, Disney needs to stop with the trackless rides with how much downtime they see lol

Love trackless, but there's not much else they can do to differentiate between them outside of scenic design. And I think all the parks can benefit from more traditional high-capacity dark rides.
Considering how this Encanto ride is rumored to be an omnimover setup and the Avengers E ticket is going to be using a next-gen EMV on par with IOA Spiderman and Transformers, Maybe Disney is taking a break from trackless until the downtime issues can be further ironed out.

IIRC there have been rumblings that there will be an additional project coming to AK in addition to Indiana Jones and Encanto. According to recent rumors coming out of DLP, the Lion King land at WDSP will be cloned to AK.

IIRC there have been rumblings that there will be an additional project coming to AK in addition to Indiana Jones and Encanto. According to recent rumors coming out of DLP, the Lion King land at WDSP will be cloned to AK.

There's not enough room to port over the entire land for Animal Kingdom. The Lion King ride will be an addition to Africa, not it's own land, it's just going to be a modified version of the ride Paris is getting.
... and that's if Animal Kingdom get Lion King at all, its rumored Lion King and Avatar are competing against each other for the same land, and budget. I don't think there's a winner yet.

I'm not sure how it would help to have two boat rides of varying quality in the same land. If people have the choice between the great boat ride with high capacity and the nice boat ride with low capacity, wouldn't people just choose the better boat ride with faster lines? Then you'd have underutilized capacity at Pandora instead of additional capacity.

There's not enough room to port over the entire land for Animal Kingdom. The Lion King ride will be an addition to Africa, not it's own land, it's just going to be a modified version of the ride Paris is getting.
Any indication where the ride might go if it were to happen? Presumably very near the Festival of the Lion King building?
I'm not sure how it would help to have two boat rides of varying quality in the same land. If people have the choice between the great boat ride with high capacity and the nice boat ride with low capacity, wouldn't people just choose the better boat ride with faster lines? Then you'd have underutilized capacity at Pandora instead of additional capacity.
I don't know, if it turned River Journey into a walk-on (or just about), I'd be fine with that!

But either way, I'm glad a genuine ride count expansion seems to be on the table for the park.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Any indication where the ride might go if it were to happen? Presumably very near the Festival of the Lion King building?

I don't know, if it turned River Journey into a walk-on (or just about), I'd be fine with that!

But either way, I'm glad a genuine ride count expansion seems to be on the table for the park.
I worry they’ll be taking a chunk of space away from Safari for ride building space.

• Wow
Reactions: GA-MBIT