Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After doing some snooping around on micechat and other sites, it looks like the bridge will be removed when the new entrance is completed or close to being completed.

It does look really cool. I am going to have to plan a vacation to California and Disneyland once the overhaul of DCA is finished and Cars Land opens (and Transformers too). I have always wanted to go to DL but I never had the chance to go.

Last edited:
Some pics of the show building.

V3ORNA5CORZA1FUV4RGZ0R1FQCSCHQYZ4P0H1F01UEQALMKO.jpg

DETVSDEWF2K1PYCKXE4ZMFYUW1D4UCBPPZFE1HXAGVS21TQK.jpg

IWNZ1ZFJEVZOKS55CKWEBOFREVYA5DZVB1SMCDT01U1NUKRY.jpg

BUKEQIKTZGLSMGYCDHHI0XT4NOHFCQF0UBDC0AH3YA1OHAEM.jpg

Last edited:
I watched a ride-through of it, and I'm fairly impressed. The only problem I have is the lack of a showdown against Ursula. It just goes from Ursula giving Ariel legs, to Ariel and Eric in the boat, to them eventually kissing. They basically rewrote the story in a way that makes it look like Ursula actually helps Ariel. There's no conflict, so the big happy ending feels awkward.

Goofy's Sky School at Disney California Adventure (POV), I like it :)
[video=youtube;SjxKPajj1hw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxKPajj1hw&feature=related[/video]

I don't like it all. It just screams "lipstick on a pig". (Then again, that's how I feel about a majority of this DCA overhaul)

Thankfully this ride will be only temporary...

The ride needs on-ride audio (even if it's just from strategically placed off-vehicle speakers.) The lack of the staple "Goofy yell" is criminal. That, and the bare bones structure needs a helluva lot more clouds. If the whole thing was engulfed in clouds (even if it's just paints or cutouts) it'd look 100x better.

The ride needs on-ride audio (even if it's just from strategically placed off-vehicle speakers.) The lack of the staple "Goofy yell" is criminal. That, and the bare bones structure needs a helluva lot more clouds. If the whole thing was engulfed in clouds (even if it's just paints or cutouts) it'd look 100x better.

It's okay right now, but these ideas would make it amazing!