Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I concur... if that is what they are putting out there as Disney's Magical Creativity, then it is a bald faced fail. I don't follow DCA at all. Is this part of their creative and expensive rebuild of the park???

I concur... if that is what they are putting out there as Disney's Magical Creativity, then it is a bald faced fail. I don't follow DCA at all. Is this part of their creative and expensive rebuild of the park???

To my knowledge its just a slight retheme to fit the overall theme of Paradise Pier. I will say though 1 Billion dollars across the park seemed like it should of got more. These are just estimated figures that have circled around the web, and nothing confirmed.

-Carsland (200 Million)
-Mermaid (100 Million)
-Toy Story (70 Mil)
-Walt Disney Plaza (100 Mil)
-World of Color (75 Million)
- Goofy Sky School, Removal of a few flat rides, Mickey Ferris Wheel, upgrades to restaurants, and some new theming. 480 Million??????

Considering the entire park cost 605 million to construct in the first place it really makes you think just how far a billion dollars should really go.

Radiator Springs is gonna be amazing. The mountains look sick, this is an old pic though.
mc052511a.jpg

Oops I ment to say Radiator Racers is going to cost 200 Million alone.

You're still off. By hundreds of millions of dollars.

Yes, I'm being completely serious, and this is coming from someone inside the project.

And from everything I heard...the ride ain't worth it. It'll be good, don't get me wrong. but...it's still just Test Track with a fancy coat of paint and a few AAs.

why do you hate test track ????

It's because I find it to be totally underwhelming and lacking the charms and wonder of its predecessor; World of Motion. WoM was a fun and wacky trip through the history of transportation and left riders inspired, just like the rest of the old EPCOT Center, and left them excited for what the future of transportation will hold. Test Track is cold and lifeless and a massive advertisement for General Motors, and leaves me feeling no form of inspiration whatsoever. It's essentially a fast ride through a black building with little theming and a finale that can easily be replicated with one's own car. For me, it just leaves me feeling nothing. That's why.

Reactions: Brian G.
It's because I find it to be totally underwhelming and lacking the charms and wonder of its predecessor; World of Motion. WoM was a fun and wacky trip through the history of transportation and left riders inspired, just like the rest of the old EPCOT Center, and left them excited for what the future of transportation will hold. Test Track is cold and lifeless and a massive advertisement for General Motors, and leaves me feeling no form of inspiration whatsoever. It's essentially a fast ride through a black building with little theming and a finale that can easily be replicated with one's own car. For me, it just leaves me feeling nothing. That's why.

I agree with you, but for some reason, I still have fun on that ride. :lol:

Carsland will go down as one of the worst per dollar theme park investments in history. Just because Merch sales were huge from 2006 to 2008 does not mean they will continue to be huge. Once a series of two movies that did not do fantastically phenomenal(we are talking Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones etc..) merch sales will not be good as there is not a lasting fanbase. An E ticket is one thing. An entire land of a small park that is tight on land is another.

Also as far as the extra bits added like Mater driving backwards with the car...we know how well and long these things tend to last.

And cars 2 is performing both critically and financially under what they wanted and expected it to.

There is a reason theme parks rarely give one property an entire themed land. Potter is the only one I can think of that has really done an entire sized themed theme park area off the top of my head. You want an investment like that to be worth it. Not something relatively forgotten in fifteen years.

Last edited:
I will put myself in the category of not being all that thrilled with test track. Maybe it is because I used to own a convertible car, so a quick 20 second run around the building? Big whoop. And as far as the show scenes, meh. I personally think TT is the most over rated ride at WDW. And that has nothing to do with it replacing a Disney Classic.
One of the major complaints with early EPCOT Center was that Future World was boring. While not my opinion, I can understand the sentiment with only slow moving Omnimovers and moving theaters as ride vehicles (and a slow boat to a garden, yeah I want to do it again and again). And EVERYTHING that moved was inside of buildings making FW the most kinetically impaired theme park on the planet. So while I hated to see WoM go I understand why they did it. And was excited for the project and after 2 years of delays I was like "is that it? Really?"

I should add that I think RSR will be a MUCH better ride with it's highly themed environment and more engaging show scenes.

Last edited: