Disney's Current Approach to Theme Parks | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Current Approach to Theme Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Joe Rhode kind of responded to this on his Instagram. He started off a post with “Expedition Everest” and a in depth description of the ride. Bobs comments certainly bothered him.

There needs to be a balance of IP and non IP imo. Universal is dated with the mummy, men and black, Kids land, etc. While rides like it’s a small world and haunted mansion are timeless.

Joe Rhode kind of responded to this on his Instagram. He started off a post with “Expedition Everest” and a in depth description of the ride. Bobs comments certainly bothered him.

There needs to be a balance of IP and non IP imo. Universal is dated with the mummy, men and black, Kids land, etc. While rides like it’s a small world and haunted mansion are timeless.
I'm not surprised he responded, I like his passion, but he is too much sometimes

I think people forget how long HM, Small World, etc have been around....They have developed into their own versions of IPs...I mean, they have books, movies, spinoffs, etc made about them...Everest, not so much

Reactions: tankart150
I'm not surprised he responded, I like his passion, but he is too much sometimes

I think people forget how long HM, Small World, etc have been around....They have developed into their own versions of IPs...I mean, they have books, movies, spinoffs, etc made about them...Everest, not so much

Disney can only reboot so many of their movies before having to look for something else they own.

I’m actually surprised a yeti film hasn’t been made yet.

I am STUNNED that this mini-controversy actually reached his ears, and I'm equally stunned he commented on it.

It's simple damage control, of course, but if nothing else, it shows people within the company do actually pay attention.

The original comment felt off the cuff and genuine. The twitter response and later clean up of the article sound alike robo-Iger. I don’t think he knows anything about it.

The original comment felt off the cuff and genuine. The twitter response and later clean up of the article sound alike robo-Iger. I don’t think he knows anything about it.

I didn't say I thought the response was genuine! But somebody in the company (if not Iger himself) felt it necessary to address.

No joke, back in college, a couple friends and I worked up a treatment (as part of a screenwriting class exercise) for what an Expedition Everest movie might be. It ended up being darker than I'm sure Disney would ever take the property (the pitch was basically "Indiana Jones with monster movie elements") but I still kind of like what we came up with.

Reactions: MrBlonde