Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Disney's Hollywoodland" or "Disney's Hollywood Adventure"

That's all they need to do.

I'm a sucker for the name "Hollywoodland". Back before they dropped the "-land", LA and the movie biz was this new, glorious frontier. Sparkling lights, too good to be true, fantastical. And now, after so many decades, it denotes such a specific and far-gone era of glitz, glamor, and opportunity, that it becomes almost mythical. I think it's perfect for a theme park that relies on that glorified "old hollywood" image, and brings films to life in seemingly magical ways.

But I digress, any attempt to move the name away from being a "movie park" makes no sense, considering the attractions and park description are clearly advertising a "movie park". Disney XL Park? What does that mean?? lmao

Also, why do all the options end with "park"? None of the stateside resorts do that. I thought that was very interesting.

Yay!!!

Someone else has finally come around to my "omg these people are getting six figure for this!" point of view!

Makes me think of a Qoura post I saw a while back about somebody who ran into an Apple employee who makes $150k just to design arrows for packaging. I agree with you, being paid that much they should be able to come up with some better names. However they can rename the park anything but whatever you "grew up" with is what you will most likely call it. To this day my wife still calls it MGM Studios.

Disney Florida Adventure.

No, but why even bother changing the name AGAIN? Has there ever been a park that's changed its name 3 times without ever actually changing ownership? :lol:

Without the survey someone high up may have just decided to call it Disney XL Park. There is your weekly reminder to fill out and participate in surveys!

In a list of truly horrible, impossible to remember/say easily names, "Disney XL Park" somehow stands out as the worst. A mid-00s fad name that already seems dated.

I suppose it comes down to the lack of a politically correct way to say "boy stuff, not princesses."

Reactions: Andysol
Disneys Movie Adventure. Still has the "ride the movies" (I know that's Universal) feel but without the connotation of being a studio which they are distancing themselves from. My post of Disneys Identity Crisis was merely a jab at them.

Reactions: Coasted
In a list of truly horrible, impossible to remember/say easily names, "Disney XL Park" somehow stands out as the worst. A mid-00s fad name that already seems dated.

I suppose it comes down to the lack of a politically correct way to say "boy stuff, not princesses."

I still don't understand Disney XD as a name.

Disneys Movie Adventure. Still has the "ride the movies" (I know that's Universal) feel but without the connotation of being a studio which they are distancing themselves from. My post of Disneys Identity Crisis was merely a jab at them.

Disney's Movie Kingdom

Reactions: Coasted
Literally all of the names proposed on that survey are awful. I would be down with Hollywood Adventure or something of that ilk. I understand Studios doesn't work because the soundstages are depleting and nothing is actually made there anymore, but Disney's Beyond Park? It's a no from me.