Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love to an Indi mini-land with something similar to the Disneyland attraction.
I'd hope that they do something more than clone a 20+ year old attraction though. Technology has greatly improved since that ride opened. Of course IJA is a great ride, so I wouldn't complain either.

I'd hope that they do something more than clone a 20+ year old attraction though. Technology has greatly improved since that ride opened. Of course IJA is a great ride, so I wouldn't complain either.
Yes, that's kind of what I meant. Something similar in theme to IJA but upgraded with new tech. Maybe trackless vehicles and a combination of massive sets, projected AA's, and a massive screen or two.

Reactions: Nick
I am so sick of this phase crap. phase phase phase. Garbage. Disney is either committed to doing the entire job or they aren't. It sounds to me as if they are testing how little they can do to make the park successful enough for their bottom line.

I prefer the committed Comcast next next next. Some of you complain about fallon and f&f but ask yourself, would you rather they pull a 5 year between projects and have them placed in a non-committal phase?

I mean IMO, they should seriously drop the price. No way is a park in this condition worth $100. That is a crime and ultimately greedy of Disney if nothing changes in regards to the price.

They should just close the park. Like what are they gaining from the schedule they are putting forth. Close the park and just start destroying things, get a larger crew in, take time to renovate existing rides like ToT, etc. I dont think people would be all that upset if they couldnt do some of those rides for some time.....not at a $100 ticket price.

I am so sick of this phase crap. phase phase phase. Garbage. Disney is either committed to doing the entire job or they aren't. It sounds to me as if they are testing how little they can do to make the park successful enough for their bottom line.

I prefer the committed Comcast next next next. Some of you complain about fallon and f&f but ask yourself, would you rather they pull a 5 year between projects and have them placed in a non-committal phase?
Did they Universal not do Harry Potter in phases and are they not considering more Potter for the future? Much of the "Phase" talk is just what insiders are using. It's not like they will add more to Toy Story Land once it's open really. That's it. Like Harry Potter with UOR, Star Wars is Disney's biggest IP. I think they have a right to think about multiple phases.

I'm confused how this is different.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I mean IMO, they should seriously drop the price. No way is a park in this condition worth $100. That is a crime and ultimately greedy of Disney if nothing changes in regards to the price.

They should just close the park. Like what are they gaining from the schedule they are putting forth. Close the park and just start destroying things, get a larger crew in, take time to renovate existing rides like ToT, etc. I dont think people would be all that upset if they couldnt do some of those rides for some time.....not at a $100 ticket price.
What is Disney gaining? Money. Imagine if Disney announced they were closing an entire park and what the reaction would be on Wall Street - it wouldn't go over well and that's why they won't do it. Not that I care much what Wall Street thinks, but Disney certainly does and tbh, they wouldn't get the job done much faster. They will be working in a HUGE closed off area from the rest of the park with no guests disturbing them and a private road for construction supplies to be delivered being built as well.

There has to be some force awakens stuff in this. Again though, who knows what we have in store for Star Wars in the upcoming movies? This is only just the beginning years upon years of new films and concepts. Things are gonna change or be updated no matter what

Can anyone tell me why they even bothered losing the The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow thing from a couple years back? It was inoffensive, mildly entertaining, and wasn't another empty building in the park. At this point, they need to have every theater and building from Sunset to Echo Lake that's currently unoccupied in use daily.

The more attractions that are closing the more I think how much of a nightmare it is for anybody working there. What if TOT or Rockin closes for the day or breaks down? The park can't survive it

Can anyone tell me why they even bothered losing the The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow thing from a couple years back? It was inoffensive, mildly entertaining, and wasn't another empty building in the park. At this point, they need to have every theater and building from Sunset to Echo Lake that's currently unoccupied in use daily.

My best guess is that building is in the location of what will become an entry way into Toy Story Land. It's possible no one can really answer that until construction has progressed far enough that we can actually figure out how all of these pieces will definitively fit together.

Jack Sparrow was plagued with extremely low guest satisfaction/ratings/etc. Honestly, it probably closed down because it was mediocre.