Doc Brown's Chicken (Review?) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Doc Brown's Chicken (Review?)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
More and more I hear, I'd really recommend checking out Doc's in the near future if you're a fan. Springfield is a smash success in Orlando... it's really only a matter of time.
Bob Dylan, do you think they would start construction on a form of Springfield once Universal Plaza opens?

Let me ask a few questions:

Would they really bring Springfield over here? I feel that we don't have enough room. I like the detailed Spanish styled buildings we have now. Besides the color, the Simpsons buildings don't have much exterior detail.

Also, wasn't the International Food Festival that Springfield replaced not that popular? Over here, our food locations around Simpsons are always packed and super busy, so it's not like it's super needed in my opinion. It's busy as-is.

Also, in Florida they're getting a spinner attraction, which we don't have room for. Do you think they'd be able to properly advertise Springfield here without a new mini attraction?

Biggest thing for me is that I simply don't think we have enough room to properly do this. One rethemed restaurant, yes (Cletus' Fried Chicken) but everything else? Probably not.

I think you can take out the cantina and the store next to it. Plus, you can re theme Louie's Pizza.  I would imagine (obvisiously pure speculation on my part) you can take everything from Flintstones Mid Way games to Cinnabon/Doc Browns and that gives you quite a bit of space to put three or four quick service food locations.  But I don't know.   I will say, I do want a krusty burger and a flaming moe!!!

Part of me isn't thrilled about this expansion because I personally think it all looks cheap. Yes, that's the theme they're going for considering it's a 2D TV show with not a lot of details in the way it's drawn, but I just think that it looks cheap in person. Fits in Florida but over here, I wouldnt it. If it was a very well themed environment, sure. Like, with cool details and different textures, etc. The look of the buildings is extremely bland. Let's cheapen the area even more.... :/

Florida definitely has some toys and rides that I'd love here and am jealous of, definitely. I think the FOOD itself looks awesome in Springfield! Great unique options, and I think the themed drinks are excellent. No problem with that, honestly. I'm just being negative cuz I simply don't like the Simpsons, with or without them replacing BTTF. The food options look excellent and I know they'll be big hits here (although I don't think there's anything wrong with the food we have right now). Personally I like having different themed options. Stepping from Doc's chicken, to Louie's Pizza, to the Cantina, to Cinnabon, to The Flintstones BBQ.

I feel that dedicating such a large part of the upper lot in our tiny park strictly to The Simpson's Springfield Food Boulevard is extremely limiting. That, and I'm not a fan of the cheap/detailless exteriors of the buildings.

But I'm all for the themed food and drinks themselves. I just don't like the theme.

Speaking of Energon, isn't it ONLY available in the souvenir glass/cup? Isn't that also the biggest problem? That there isn't a disposable cup option as well?

Ahh finally. It didn't open with a disposable option, which is why I never tried it. I sincerely don't care about a Transformers souvenir cup. I think the issue is the movies didn't have a prominent drink. Harry Potter and Simpsons have actual known drinks in the stories/show.

They could do with promoting the drink on the ride que, "After your Battle with the Decepticon refuel with a frozen Energon". Maybe sell a smaller size for kids. They could also add liquor option for Energon, add a shot of Malibu or Bacardi or Tequila or Flavored Vodka. place some kind of cart in front  of the attraction facing guest as they walk to Transformers or possibly inside the attarction on busy days(kind of out their) but this could make the drink more attractive to guests.

Slow down, you're thinking of Springfield as this collective whole like Potter is. Universal Hollywood is very interested in one thing that still has not caught on here: themed food and beverage. One of the reasons Energon is still not at USF is because it hasn't really caught on here at Hollywood unlike they thought it would. (I would put the blame at a poor location for a stand and refusing to sell it anywhere else on property, but that's just me!) In fact, the entirety of Universal Creative loves the idea along with the Retail division in whole... and that's what we're really looking at. 
^^^Agree

Reactions: Jerry 92602
You guys may not agree with me, but I think it's safe to say that Springfield will eventually find its way to USH. When I say "Springfield", I'm referring to the themed food and beverages in the presence of restaurants - not a spinner attraction or a completely redesigned environment. While Fast Food Blvd is a replacement for something that was no longer popular (IFF), that doesn't mean that was the only factor for its development. It has proven itself very popular in USF, and it could easily replace present food options here in USH - no matter how popular they are.

I don't exactly see it expanding all the way to Louie's Pizza, but hey - anything could happen. Who ever thought we'd get a better Minion Mayhem façade than USF??  :lol:

Some of us here may not like The Simpsons at all, but don't dismiss the idea. I don't think it'll be very long before guests will be able to enjoy a Krusty Burger and a Flaming Moe.

I guess I won't dismiss the idea....financially it would obviously be a big hit. I just always had the assumption that the Simpsons wasn't as popular here as it is in Florida. That, and I personally am not a fan. But I won't oppose better food options. I just don't like the cheap facades.

Also, if we get any part of Springfield here, that kinda guarantees that we'll keep the ride for many long more years to come....

On an Energon note (because I freaking love Energon) - the plain plastic cups that were disposable have been replaced with thicker plastic cups that you can save with the same design as the souvenir cup. I have one of each. 
I kept the cup I had from my first trial of Energon (new, somewhat sturdier design) because I thought it looked pretty cool, but it got kinda smushed in my bag.. I ended up throwing it away. I was pretty bummed.  -_-  Next time I'll try grabbing some Energon at the end of the day.

Anyways, on the whole Simpsons expansion as a whole - I wouldn't exactly mind if the world of the Simpsons was a little more eminent, but I'm not gonna be very ecstatic if the Hollywood Cantina, Louie's Pizza, Flintstones Arcade area and the Studio Souvenirs gift shop are completely taken over.

Studio Souvenirs is safe, along with the Jaws photo op. 
Glad to know that..! On a side note - wouldn't it be a bit odd, though, if you're walking out of the Wizarding World and there's a large shark right in front of you? I'm not saying it should be taken out, but maybe moved..? I dunno. Kinda off topic. Haha.

Reactions: Chris
Was Marty ever present in the park? I know he is/was in USF..
No, Marty was never in any of the parks.  Michael J Fox did not allow his likeness to be used at Universal Studios.  That is why he was not anywhere in the ride except for scenes from the films.  Its a history of an actor to not be typecast.  However in Fox's case today, its his bread and butter.

Glad to know that..! On a side note - wouldn't it be a bit odd, though, if you're walking out of the Wizarding World and there's a large shark right in front of you? I'm not saying it should be taken out, but maybe moved..? I dunno. Kinda off topic. Haha.
Although I dont want to lose the shark or the Amity area, this area is very congested and still what remains of our "tossed salad" theme park.  I could see this area getting a major overhaul, hopefully keeping the major elements.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved the Jaws photo op. It's definitely not going anywhere though. One thing is for sure: Universal is gonna have to slightly clear up some room near the Potter land entrance.....

Anywhere on the upper lot, really. Somewhere near the entrance by Universal Plaza, or...anywhere really. It'll make sense cuz it's USH.

Maybe once JP4 comes out, they can temporarily replace it with a hanging dead T-Rex photo op! Jk

Maybe it could be moved behind Universal Plaza in place of the Flintstones Carnival Games. Heck, let's throw in the Fast and Furious cars, the Waterworld jet skis and the raptor and call it "Photo Op Avenue."  :p

While I'm ecstatic over the thought of Springfield coming to USH, I'd definitely miss Doc Brown's - not so much for the food, but for the theme. Anything BTTF is fine by me, and it'll be a real shame to lose this place!

No, Marty was never in any of the parks.  Michael J Fox did not allow his likeness to be used at Universal Studios.  That is why he was not anywhere in the ride except for scenes from the films.  Its a history of an actor to not be typecast.  However in Fox's case today, its his bread and butter.
I'm not sure about USH, but Marty was/is a character that popped up at USF from time to time. I took a picture with him and Doc Brown outside the Garden of Allah Villas in 2007.