DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
shrek-stump-trollercoaster-painting-update-usf-dreamworks-land-6.jpg

shrek-stump-trollercoaster-painting-update-usf-dreamworks-land-3.jpg

Credit: Universal Parks News Today

I think it will attract a crowd of family and kids, a big change from the desert it had become.
I think it will get more people then it used to, but the makeover isn’t solving the primary, overwhelming issues - it’s an out-of-the-way cul-de-sac without a major attraction, just a collection of minor elements that only appeals to the youngest kids, with very little for slightly older siblings (and, quite frankly, even many of the youngest would rather be on actual rides).

And Shrek is a profoundly dated IP. Maybe they’ll get around to making a new film, but that’s been on the table for years with no movement.

I think it will get more people then it used to, but the makeover isn’t solving the primary, overwhelming issues - it’s an out-of-the-way cul-de-sac without a major attraction, just a collection of minor elements that only appeals to the youngest kids, with very little for slightly older siblings (and, quite frankly, even many of the youngest would rather be on actual rides).

And Shrek is a profoundly dated IP. Maybe they’ll get around to making a new film, but that’s been on the table for years with no movement.
An animator who works for NBCU accidentally leaked on her LinkedIn page that apparently Shrek 5 is slated for a 2025 release.
Please just make a “Puss in Boots: A Musical Re-Telling of the Last Wish” as a dark-ride along the lines of Pooh. I’d honestly be fine with flat sets to match the “storybook” feel.
Considering the potential Shrek has for theme park lands/attractions, if AA doesn't gets absorbed into whatever replaces Springfield, put a Shrek dark ride on par with the rumored Luigi's Mansion ride at EU if there as a phase 2 for this DW land if one were to happen. But depending on the success of Shrek 5 and what their plans for the franchise beyond that maybe the IP could justify a land in one of the expansion pads at EU.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Please just make a “Puss in Boots: A Musical Re-Telling of the Last Wish” as a dark-ride along the lines of Pooh. I’d honestly be fine with flat sets to match the “storybook” feel.
We need to will this into existence. THE LAST WISH is such a good movie that it deserves theme park representation, and it would lend itself perfectly to this sort of thing.

That sounds like a great lower budget ride without any or too many expensive AAs if they are looking to put a dark ride in the Texas park since Puss and Shrek both have lands there.

Reactions: Ahmanet
The most closely watched (non Epic) construction project in Orlando haha

But every IP in it is an active film franchise (Shrek sequel was teased in the last Boots movie, Trolls was in theaters very recently and new Panda movie in two months)

Reactions: Nico
I'm excited to see a new land with presumably with wonderfully themed mini-lands, but I do kinda hate that they just kept Curious George and didn't use that space for a small Secrets Life of Pets style dark ride...

Back end of the land is pretty much still the same. I know people have mentioned it before, but the entire project looks way behind.
I'm excited to see a new land with presumably with wonderfully themed mini-lands, but I do kinda hate that they just kept Curious George and didn't use that space for a small Secrets Life of Pets style dark ride...
There’s a decent plot of land in-between Curious George and ET for something like that in the future.