DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024) | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The hideous tents at the front directly behind the cheap Dreamworks sign are even worse than the Trolls cutouts. Both are strange given the rest of the land looks pretty immersive otherwise. I have to imagine those tents are temporary?
Were you talking about that grey tent near the frogs? I think that's just for construction.

No although these don't look much better than the construction ones...

View attachment 20772
Thanks for clarifying. I understand that this conversion to DW was done on the cheaper side in general reusing much of the previous KZ elements and is being done so that USF has something that can hold it over until Universal can give it a larger more substantial new land post EU. So some elements appearing super cheap like these tents and sign sadly do make sense.

If insider info is correct about that land getting interactive elements, then I agree that surely they could have used a more substantial looking set of canopies for those meet n greets if that is what they are for. I don't think they would add too much towards the overall cost.

That looks decent. Tomfoolery I believe said a while ago this land will be better than many people initially thought it would be. It was the right call to phase out the Woody Woodpecker IP and replace it with DW, which resonates far more with today's audiences. And who knows, maybe they could add a dark ride down the line as well.
Overall I have been impressed. Sure you can nitpick a couple elements, but I won't really review it until I see it in person when open and everything has come together. But there is a lot of surprises in this land.

Turtle talk with Po!

Everything looks good, but I have to admit I’m disappointed that even with all the time to think of something, the best they could do is another interactive dance party show. Maybe it’ll be better than what was there before

Based off of the universal website, it looks like the DreamWorks character experience is taking over the indoor theater post show area

I’m also interested to see what a modern version of a universal playground looks like, I’d assume the legal and insurance teams would stomp on much of the fun.

The concept art for the coaster, and for Shrek’s house look fantastic.

Last edited:
Universal Orlando has shared new details on DreamWorks Land – a new themed environment inspired by DreamWorks Animation’s beloved characters Shrek, Trolls, and Kung Fu Panda.

Universal Orlando has shared new details on DreamWorks Land – a new themed environment inspired by DreamWorks Animation’s beloved characters Shrek, Trolls, and Kung Fu Panda.

A bit underwhelmed reading the details to be honest, but hoping it still looks nice and more importantly, the kiddos enjoy it.

-Mama Luna's cats are "on vivid interactive screens"
-Confirmation of no going inside or getting a peek into Shrek's house
-No Poh QS location serving noodle dishes with any of that screen tech as was rumored from patents and stuff
-Dreamworks Character Zone where "guests can meet, greet and interact with their favorite DreamWorks characters like Gabby from Gabby’s Dollhouse" seems like it's those two cheap looking canopies out front with flat backdrops. One has the Gabby's Dollhouse backdrop and the other with a generic Dreamworks sky backdrop.

any food options in this area? seems like an easy place for something Po
“Swamp Snacks: Families can feast like an ogre at this new kiosk, which will serve scrumptious snacks inspired by Shrek, including Shrekzel, Far Far A Waffle, Frozen Ogre and more”

“Trolls Treats: Poppy’s boombox from Trolls Band Together has been transformed into a playful kiosk that offers up brightly colored Trolls ice cream treats inspired by Poppy and Branch like the pink lemonade-flavored Poppy-licious Pink and huckleberry-flavored BroZone Berry.”

Doesn’t look like there will be any from Po.

Reactions: Ahmanet