Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I thought DH was hinting at a posh resort. I certainly don't know a thing about hotel development at Universal so no idea... We must muse until DH tells us more I guess!
Boutique resort with shopping will be 1 block down the road if it ever gets built. Pretty sure this will be value but 4K rooms? Remains to be seen.

The ferris wheel won't be a sell because you have the Orlando Eye so close by.

I was thinking plus you know that too many people will be spotted walking about their hotel room naked from the top of the ferris wheel. I think the Westgate hotels should block the Orlando Eye.

Wouldn't building a fairly tall themed tower of their design choosing be a way to block the visual blight they think that sky Plex thingy is going to bring to their area?

The location is too far to the east to block line of site.

skyplex universal.jpg

Asking more generally, do you think there's a chance Universal might do either a hotel or rooms themed to a specific IP, like Art of Animation or the old Nickelodeon hotel?

Hmmm... I thought DH was hinting at a posh resort. I certainly don't know a thing about hotel development at Universal so no idea... We must muse until DH tells us more I guess!

Yeah I'm thinking it's family focused and nice. Along the level of Cabana Bay with numerous activities and upcharges. But I believe given the sheer size and with it being offsite the main draw will have to be a sub 100 a night price point for basic rooms. So whatever Cabana Bay is, knock 20 bucks off a night imo.

When the hotel is not close to the parks Universal will take the parks to the hotel. I expect many character breakfast, lunch and dinner options. Maybe even a show or a small parade like they do in Gaylord. Where most Universal hotels are themed light to create a relaxing environment that is consistent with the theme, I think here they'll go more extreme but mostly in their offerings to keep it fresh, fun and scalable.

When the hotel is not close to the parks Universal will take the parks to the hotel. I expect many character breakfast, lunch and dinner options.

2 hotels, 2 parks = theme one to each park? They'll be towers, but hyper-theme the interior, the lobby's (Lifesize Optimus and Megatron inviting guests, Kong vs T-Rex in the other), almost like entering a Museum of Natural History or the smithsonian. Could they theme a large block of rooms to HP? Hogwarts on IOA side, Leaky Cauldron/Gringott's on USF side. I think bringing the parks (as a whole, not just one theme) to the Hotels is the way to go!

Reactions: Joel
2 hotels, 2 parks = theme one to each park? They'll be towers, but hyper-theme the interior, the lobby's (Lifesize Optimus and Megatron inviting guests, Kong vs T-Rex in the other), almost like entering a Museum of Natural History or the smithsonian. Could they theme a large block of rooms to HP? Hogwarts on IOA side, Leaky Cauldron/Gringott's on USF side. I think bringing the parks (as a whole, not just one theme) to the Hotels is the way to go!
That is exactly what I'm sure Universal WON'T do. Universal is easy with taking rides and ip's out of the parks and they don't want to retheme the hotels when that happens. They'll keep their hotels classy and themed to one generic theme, but I think the offerings and upcharge opportunities to meet the characters while stuffing your face would be a go, and they are easy to replace.

Reactions: Alicia
I was going to suggest a colsseum style theme for the hotel or 1 of the hotels and have an ultra modern circle building on the other side of Universal Blvd with a sky connecting bride. The ultra modern building could have a large tower rising from the centre.

Colosseum-Lights.jpg

wb colo.jpg

I was watching Gladiator earlier and noticed the Dreamworks banner at the start but I've since realised that's not what Universal purchased and Hard Rock has a similar type theme on the outside of their restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.